Crack n fail

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ssnowman

Crack n fail

Post by ssnowman »

That’s what everyone told me when I bought my Cannondale 1fg ultra back in 2003. Also got told that the headshock is sub standard and won’t last.

20 years on it’s still going strong. When I bought it, it was everything I wanted in a singlespeed and it still is.

I just love riding it!
May satan walk with you
redefined_cycles

Re: Crack n fail

Post by redefined_cycles »

https://products.mtbr.com/product/bikes ... e/1fg.html

You're not the only one Simon. Well done at going against the grain (I assume) all them years ago. Hope it lasts another 20 for ya :-bd
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

redefined_cycles wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:08 pm https://products.mtbr.com/product/bikes ... e/1fg.html

You're not the only one Simon. Well done at going against the grain (I assume) all them years ago. Hope it lasts another 20 for ya :-bd
Thanks Raz :wink:
May satan walk with you
redefined_cycles

ssnowman wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:12 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:08 pm https://products.mtbr.com/product/bikes ... e/1fg.html

Thanks Raz :wink:
Shaf... Don't tell me I just got your name wrong :lol: sorry...
redefined_cycles

My first proper mtb was also a Cannondale. 2004 edition and before that I'd been riding Marins. It had come with the one sided forks but original owner kept them and sold em for good money on ebay.

I forget the name but it was a 2004. I sold it not yoo many years ago but I do hope that one day I'll be reunited with it. Such a beautiful ride!! Had Marzochi Bombers in the first build but then bu the time it was sold, it had coil spring Fox. You got a pic of yours Single Speed Now Man :grin:

I'm gonna see if I can dig out a pic of my beauty when I gets a min!
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

That was what Lachlan Morton was riding when he was interviewed on the 'fixed uphill" series a couple of years back - was unaware of it's existence!
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

I've been out on my road bike today, a 20 year old Scott CR1 with 10 speed Campag Chorus, it's still as nice to ride as the day I put it together.
Alexinthepeaks

Post by Alexinthepeaks »

Im a long time Cannondale Fan, i owned the 2002 FSi carbon and lent it to team Nambia in the Commonwealth games as they wrote their bike off by hitting a low bridge! Sadly his pedal fell off and he DNF! My current Team Replica FSi is fantastic, ill be using it for this years BB 200/300 event. Fast and light, razor sharp, unforgiving and fun are all words id use to describe it. Ive also never cracked one which is a bit of a bloody miricle as i did HT550 on it and LL300 fully loaded and its not meant for that, plus lots of technical stuff far beyond its design remit. If i could change anything it would be to move to a threaded BB, and i think they have done just that this year!
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

I've had an American flag limited edition road bike that was fantastic, and a hardtail with lefty that again was great id have love a 1fg not a crack in sight I used to love the big fat tubed ones as a teen unfortunately could never afford one but on the plus side I have an early 90s kona cinder cone which was another I dreamt about all way behind in my dreams of fancy kliens though I'd give my knackers for one of those 😄
FLV

Post by FLV »

I used to really want a 1fg back then. If I recall there was a re-do of the F-Si not too many years ago and I really hoped for a new 1fg then too, sadly didn't get it.