Any other AXS road or mtb early adopters?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Richpips

Any other AXS road or mtb early adopters?

Post by Richpips »

Apparently, it's the future. I'm now the owner of electronic shifting on my Stooge and I like it.
Bearlegged

Re: Any other AXS road or mtb early adopters?

Post by Bearlegged »

Splashed out on 12s SLX, which whilst very nice, quickly went out of adjustment. Got the GX upgrade kit (kept the Shimano cassette/chain/chainset) and it's been great.
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

Wel l subject to cycle to work being approved ive just ordered a bike with axs rival single ring so fingers crossed it comes and I like it lol
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

Not wireless, but I've had Di2 on my road bikes for about 5 years and XT Di2 1x11 on my rigid XC MTB (ie in less danger of smashing the mech on a rock) for about 2 1/2 years and I'm in the 'never go back' category.
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

firestarter wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:37 pm Wel l subject to cycle to work being approved ive just ordered a bike with axs rival single ring so fingers crossed it comes and I like it lol
One of the cool things is you can mix and match road and mtb stuff. :grin:
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

And I might need a bigger mullet set up lol
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

Still bloody waiting for hr doh... First time I've been exited about a bike for many years
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

This being the internet, I'm compelled to express and alternative view....
A few ITTers seem to have had problems with electronic shifting this year (and others,) Mark Cavendish is blaming it for blowing his last chance to beat Eddy Merckx's TdF stage win record, it nearly blew Tom Pidcocks World championship mtb medal and it costs a fortune.

The other day I reminded myself to pull the shifter and cable apart on the Ice Cream Truck as it's getting a bit slow. It hasn't been touched since I built the thing in November 2014. Set up and adjustment takes a couple of minutes, then needs only minor tweaks over time; and I don't have to remember to keep a battery charged ahead of a bike ride.

I get the benefits but they don't come close to outweighing the disadvantages for anyone who isn't racing. Even then, there seems to be a bit of a backlash going on amongst that crowd...

Over too you all! :grin:
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

A few ITTers seem to have had problems with electronic shifting this year
And with cables, i had a cable shifter stop.mid ride ( broken internally) . Everything breaks even your SS chain :wink: