Barmouth bridge closure

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

psling

Barmouth bridge closure

Post by psling »

Taken from a fb post:

As preparations continue on replacing the steel sections of our beloved railway bridge, a quick reminder that the bridge is closed to everyone - trains, pedestrians and bikes from Saturday 2 Sept to Friday 24 November 2023.

Trains won't be running until at least Monday 4th December [as the rails by old toll booth will also be replaced once the bridge works are complete].
For more information, please go to Network Rail's own information page - https://www.networkrail.co.uk/running-t ... h-viaduct/
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Richard G

Re: Barmouth bridge closure

Post by Richard G »

Hopefully it's not on the BB200/300 route... could make for an interesting detour. :lol:
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Richard G wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:39 am Hopefully it's not on the BB200/300 route... could make for an interesting detour. :lol:
Along the same line ( :roll: ) as my thoughts :grin: Can just imagine Stu going "Oh, bugger! Now where am I going to send them?" :lol:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Thankfully it isn't. Good job really as once you get to that side of the estuary you're very limited.
May the bridges you burn light your way
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:24 pm Thankfully it isn't. Good job really as once you get to that side of the estuary you're very limited.
Is that a promise, don't need to bring my packable life jacket and trunks then?

Is your sig why it's closed.......
HUX

Post by HUX »

For those interested in the progress

https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/new ... v2-MWznTz6