PSA On One Huntsman GX Eagle £899

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

L2R24

PSA On One Huntsman GX Eagle £899

Post by L2R24 »

Is this a good deal? Not had a MTB for years and was hankering for a singlespeed (has sliding dropouts), this says clearance for 2.8 29er tyres and kitted out with GX Eagle and RockShox 35 Gold RL DebonAir 29" BOOST Fork. Any good for £899‽ ...with a dropper post and delivery just over a grand...
Alpinum

Re: PSA On One Huntsman GX Eagle £899

Post by Alpinum »

Yes, this seems a very good deal.
Even if the geometry doesn't fit and you sell the frame for 200 quid.
I've no experience with On-One but can't remember hearing anything bad about the quality of the frames they sell. Any comparable builds from other brands are North of 2x the price. Despite in some cases you still get crappy quality (manufacturing and service).
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

They were £699 briefly, back in January....
But still a good deal I'd say.
L2R24

Post by L2R24 »

@fatbikephil that may have been the SX model with a Judy Silver fork. GX and Gold 35 SL thingy wotsit fork sounds like a decent £200 upgrade...the fork alone looks to be around £350 on other sites and equivalent to older Revelations...
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

can't remember hearing anything bad about the quality of the frames they sell.
Mate of mine took 3 attempts to get a scandal that was square at the back end ( wheel would not spin with a brake on it ( third one has seen plenty of use though)

Cheap for a reason but for sure they have bargains from time to time ( eratic pricing policies ) and this seems good value by them but not their best ever price
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

L2R24 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:57 pm @fatbikephil that may have been the SX model with a Judy Silver fork. GX and Gold 35 SL thingy wotsit fork sounds like a decent £200 upgrade...the fork alone looks to be around £350 on other sites and equivalent to older Revelations...
Ah in that case, defo a bargain as I priced one with the better forks it was nearer a grand back then...
riderdown

Post by riderdown »

I've no experience with On-One but can't remember hearing anything bad about the quality of the frames they sell
Parkwood MK1 failed on me due to the thin seat tube, replaced under warranty with mk2, badly packed tik tik replaced after dinged in transit, scandal bought second hand bomb proof. All three still going and regular rides.
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

I've no experience with On-One but can't remember hearing anything bad about the quality of the frames they sell.
Of the top of my head...

Wizard sleeve London Road seatubes
Titus "Fileline" brake mounts
Dirty Harry not parallel headtubes
Fatty Trail crank clearance
Titus with max 26t chainring clearance

One of those brands that I'd feel OK taking the risk myself on but I wouldn't dare recommend because if it all went wrong I'd feel responsible.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

It’s heavy and the paint chips if you just look at it funny but mine was very comfy on the WRT. I paid 900 for a SX version with the Rockshox 35 upgrade so 899 with GX and the same fork is a good deal
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Sounds worse than Surly (from which the framesets of eg Krampus costs about the same as the whole Huntsman GX bike).

I'd still get one.

Chances are high, you'll have a frame that's good to go.
If not, get them to give you a another one that is okay.