Garmin Connect to Edge 810

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Raggedstone

Garmin Connect to Edge 810

Post by Raggedstone »

I have just had reinstall Windows 10 and i have put the things that i lost back on and now when i pin a route on Ride with Gps it appears in Garmin Connect as it did previously but when i sync to the Edge the route appears in the library but when i look at the details or map there is nothing there and when i swithch the Edge off and back on its no longer there .

Does anyone have any idea why as far as i can see everything is the same as it was before the reinstall
Lazarus

Re: Garmin Connect to Edge 810

Post by Lazarus »

Have you tried updating from the connect app instead ?
Dont know enough to be any more helpful
Raggedstone

Post by Raggedstone »

Thanks for the suggestion just done that with exactly the same result . All the detail is there on connect so it's getting transferred from Ride with Gps ok
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Do you need to re sync using garmin express so it knows which model you have when you re install? ( i have a 530 and an etrex )
Remove it from your devices and re pair ( switchbon and off extreme version)
Clutching at straws and weird issue
Email garmin amd get an answer next thursday ?
EDIT
Its not a general garmin fault as just sent a route to my device via conmect app. I dont ise ridewithgps
Raggedstone

Post by Raggedstone »

Straws are good I will give it a go it was only today I reloaded everything so nothing to loose . I will try a route from elsewhere as well
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

If you use the Connect app on your mobile, give it a try from there. This would help you isolate the issue.

If you need the PC/laptop, how about doing it manually?
Download the gpx file from ridewithgps onto your whatever download folder. Plug the Edge to the PC. Drag & drop the file from the download folder to the "new files" folder on the Edge. Disconnect Edge from PC. Switch Edge on. Find (hopefully) route/track/POI/WP in the Edge's courses folder as usual.

This doesn't solve your issue, but should help get your data transferred.

For your info; this "new files" folder is an empty folder. As soon as you switch the Edge on it moves the files you put there to its respective directory. Connect the Edge to the pc afterwards and it'll be empty, yet the files are on the Edge.

Hope this helps.

For solving your issue, I'd try what Lazarus mentioned (which I can't re-read since there seems to be a glitch on this website. Still..?), reconnecting and updating with Garmin Express.
If nothing helps, reinstall all Garmin SW and try from anew.
Raggedstone

Post by Raggedstone »

Thanks Gian the manual method worked i can try and find out what is happening at my leisure now .

And thanks Lazuras for your input
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Grand :-bd
Happy to help