Sram force shifter!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Zane

Sram force shifter!

Post by Zane »

Hi.

I’m looking for a replacement right hand 11 speed force shifter for hydraulic brakes. Would anyone know of this will work?

https://www.planetx.co.uk/products/sram ... er-shifter

Listing doesn’t say if it’s for hydraulic brakes or not and its listed for a force 22 which I believe is 2 x system. Am i right in saying this will work on a 1 x system as long as it’s same speed?

It’s considerably cheaper on px than any where else

Thanks 🙏
fatbikephil

Re: Sram force shifter!

Post by fatbikephil »

That lever isn't for hydraulic brakes - you can tell the hydraulic ones as they have a big lump above the lever, which is the master cylinder. The gears will work as 1x or 2x isn't any different at the back for the same number of sprockets.
Zane

Post by Zane »

Thanks Phil. Was hoping I’d got lucky with a deal. 😞
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

the only two cheap [ sub optimal] fix is to fit a standard MTB type shifter [ there is one that works with road mechs but i forget the name] and use a band on clamp[ you need to cut the standard clamp off to do this] and you get it on the bars near the stem

Option two is a [second hand] SRAM bar end shifter - both of these are £30 ish fixes but its not a brifter.
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

Lazarus wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:13 pm Option two is a [second hand] SRAM bar end shifter - both of these are £30 ish fixes but its not a brifter.
I reckon I might have a pair of SRAM 11spd bar end shifters in the parts maturation facility if you want to go down this route and your hydraulic brake still works in the current shifter Zane.
substandard

Post by substandard »

What’s wrong with your current one?

I’ve repaired enough of them, everything except the blue and red gear cable spools are available as spares.
Zane

Post by Zane »

substandard wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:52 pm What’s wrong with your current one?

I’ve repaired enough of them, everything except the blue and red gear cable spools are available as spares.
I have a leak from the bladder/cap that I can’t seem to get rid of. Have tried several new bladders and caps incase they were the issue but hasn’t made a difference. The only thing that might be an issue is one of the 4 bladder cap retaining screw has pulled the threads slightly, it’s still pulls up tight (ish) but not quite as solid as the other 3.

Saying that I can’t see if it’s coming from the small (vent?) hole on top of cap or the where the bladder meets two mating surfaces. It all gets a bit messy under the hood after a couple of rides.

Tempted to try slightly larger screw(m4) and hope it pulls up a bit more??
substandard

Post by substandard »

If you’re concerned that a screw is affected the force being applied to the seal, you could try a slightly bigger screw, the plastic bodies are all the same on force, rival, apex, I might have one in the ridiculous piles of spare bits on the workbench. Will look tomorrow.

You could also try a smear of hylomar blue on the mating surface. That’ll sort out a leak from the seal mounting face
flyingpig

Post by flyingpig »

I might have a red22 hydraulic shifter as one of mine failed and have the other left, pretty sure it's for right side I have, will check
Zane

Post by Zane »

Thanks guys. Will try a bigger screw first, just need to find one with a small enough head as it’s a close fit.
substandard

Post by substandard »

flyingpig wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:50 am I might have a red22 hydraulic shifter as one of mine failed and have the other left, pretty sure it's for right side I have, will check
Do you happen to have the red cable spool kicking around? Got a failed one on one of my bikes :(