Kid friendly bikepacking route???

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Alexinthepeaks

Kid friendly bikepacking route???

Post by Alexinthepeaks »

Im taking my 6yr old daughter on an overnighter camping next weekend....ill be pulling her along on a weehoo trailer fully loaded. I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent flatish routes in the peakdistrict that i coukd incorporate a wild camp or a quiet campsite?
Richpips

Re: Kid friendly bikepacking route???

Post by Richpips »

Tissington, High Peak Trails have flatness and campsites.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

If you're on Instagram, try nicely asking @snedatron and/or @kellyjaynecollinge - they've both been out with bairns recently.
Alexinthepeaks

Post by Alexinthepeaks »

Richpips wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:51 pm Tissington, High Peak Trails have flatness and campsites.
Cheers Rich, i will probably go with this option TBH as its familier and easy but was wondering if there are other options....Id quite like a wild camp but i think it would be hard along here, so a campsite makes most sense.
Alexinthepeaks

Post by Alexinthepeaks »

Bearlegged wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:51 pm If you're on Instagram, try nicely asking @snedatron and/or @kellyjaynecollinge - they've both been out with bairns recently.
Thanks, ill give them a follow!
Alexinthepeaks

Post by Alexinthepeaks »

After a bit of planning i head off with my 6year old daughter in our WeeHoo double trailer (circa 50-60kg with child and kit).
The rear seat was removed and replaced with all the luggage.
We head off on a 120km loop of the High Peak Trail and Monsall trail from Disley nr Stockport.

Lots of icecream and cakes were eaten, and more importantly there were no tears!

Link to route below:

https://www.strava.com/activities/9685062612