Remembering number plates

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Rasta

Remembering number plates

Post by Rasta »

I often pass my time on the motorway by trying to remember number plates as cars pass by. Sometimes I will catch back up which gives me a chance to test myself. I've since found out that you are not allowed to cycle on motorways! :sad:
This is great for passing some time, but also for trying to remember 'quickly' a number plate after an accident. Hit and run. Sadly this is always on my mind when cycling.

Depending on the country, determines which part of the number plate is best to get first. So forgetting years (UK), regions (France).
I then take the letters and make up a basic sentence. Reg ###BBF would be BearBones Forum. It gets easier with practice.
The other numbers and letters are just down to memory. But even with only 3 letters (as long as they don't signify the year/region), a red estate car with reg BBF, narrows it down.

I did a memory course years ago, but that involved learning lots of attachment words. Since forgotten :???:

It isn't easy, so I was wondering if there are any methods that people use? Do the police have a method?
Pirahna

Re: Remembering number plates

Post by Pirahna »

Get a camera.
Rasta

Post by Rasta »

Pirahna wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:43 pmGet a camera.
Ideas for remembering not recording.
And on a bike.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Driving with the kids , when very young , we used to use number plate to make silly sentences
Eg efh would be easily frightened horse .for memory using stock responses probably helps
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Ride offroad

..?

I play the same game with subspecies of the pine trees, grasses, flowers, clouds, animal tracks, scat etc.