UCI Worlds Mens Time Trial

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

psling

UCI Worlds Mens Time Trial

Post by psling »

Been watching snippits of this live whilst at work - my goodness that's a tough finish for a time trial :o :???:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
voodoo_simon

Re: UCI Worlds Mens Time Trial

Post by voodoo_simon »

Josh Tarling has done well (so far…)

Enjoyed the short course XC racing, good to see both Pauline and Evie on the podium and a strong finish by Pidcock too :-bd Shame he doesn’t do more mountain biking

Enjoyed the men’s road race too, I know the pros didn’t like the course but it did result in some great racing for us viewers.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

The trials has been good too - check it out on the i player
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Did you see Wiggins Jnr got silver? Maybe we will have another TDF win in the near future.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Looks like Tom Pidcock got gold in the XC although I can't find much info on the net about it other than a hoo haa about him, Sagan and Van der poel getting grid positions despite not having any points from previous races.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

fatbikephil wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:09 pm Looks like Tom Pidcock got gold in the XC although I can't find much info on the net about it other than a hoo haa about him, Sagan and Van der poel getting grid positions despite not having any points from previous races.
Yep, a lot of people don’t think the current Olympic champion, last years European champion, winner of one of only 4 XCO events and winner of one of only 4 short course XC races (starting last no less) shouldn’t have a high starting number.

Think the UCI need to do more for multi discipline riders like Tom as it’s great for fans/viewers/sponsors and the sport in general
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Think the UCI need to do more for multi discipline riders
They do but not like that as changing the rules days before the race start date is not reasonable.