Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearlegged

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by Bearlegged »

That is definitely cheery.
Life here buoyed by the appearance of apricot jam, meringue and lemon verbena tarts, courtesy of the neighbourhood bakery.
Verena

Post by Verena »

Bearlegged wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:53 am That is definitely cheery.
Life here buoyed by the appearance of apricot jam, meringue and lemon verbena tarts, courtesy of the neighbourhood bakery.
Wow!!!

Photo please, taste review, ideally the recipe, or at least the address of the bakery please :cool:
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

https://www.instagram.com/i_said_bread/

There's currently a pic of the tart in question in their Stories (for those of you who use the 'Gram).
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Sun is shining and it's blooming hot. Van is mostly packed (including a fridge full of drinks and food) and ready for some camping with my son at Thruxton to watch some racing :-bd
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

A bit of Friday afternoon daftness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0JqHHO ... ktothePast
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

the appearance of apricot jam, meringue and lemon verbena tarts, courtesy of the neighbourhood bakery
How much weight have you put on since they opened ?
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

I don’t know if it’s all that cheery, maybe scary would be a better way to describe it ‘cause I’ve just booked my flights to Spain to ride the Via de la Plata from Seville to Santiago de Compostela. I’m terrified. Never done a ride longer than 4 days - don’t know how the arris wil hold out, for one thing.

'T is cheery though, I’ve had my eyes on VDLP since I first heard of it years ago. Now trying to decide if it’s worth the stress to get my own bike over, or to rent one.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

When have you booked your flights? MrsPB and I have a loose plan to ride it this autumn, it's an area of Spain we haven't explored much apart from a visit to Sevilla 3 years ago. I bought the cycle guide book from an amazing shop in Barcelona, think Stanford's Spain, which divides the route into about 15 sections of about 80km. The terrain isn't massively testing but it's still a challenge, given its part of the Camino de Santiago network, there seems to be a decent amount of facilities along the route. You'll have a great time, don't forget sun cream 🥵
Let me know if you want any help, apart from chamois cream application of course
frogatthefarriers

pistonbroke wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:58 am When have you booked your flights? MrsPB and I have a loose plan to ride it this autumn, it's an area of Spain we haven't explored much apart from a visit to Sevilla 3 years ago. I bought the cycle guide book from an amazing shop in Barcelona, think Stanford's Spain, which divides the route into about 15 sections of about 80km. The terrain isn't massively testing but it's still a challenge, given its part of the Camino de Santiago network, there seems to be a decent amount of facilities along the route. You'll have a great time, don't forget sun cream 🥵
Let me know if you want any help, apart from chamois cream application of course
Out 13th Sept, back 10th Oct. Don't laugh at me taking 3 weeks - I'm wanting to take the off-road options as much as practicable and I'm no spring chicken (tengo setenta y cinco años) (been taking Spanish night classes). :grin: I want to take some time to see what there is to see, tambien.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

3 weeks is a good strategy, Irra sin prisa, do you want a link to the book? There's lots of maps and pics and the Spanish is straightforward.
frogatthefarriers

pistonbroke wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:28 am ...do you want a link to the book? There's lots of maps and pics and the Spanish is straightforward.
That'd be great - a ride guide and Spanish lesson combined...
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

The ISBN No is 978-84-121184-1-4 Published by Petirrojo Ediciones. Title: La Via De La Plata. The mapping is 1:75,000 and includes an accommodation guide. I'd say Stanfords will stock it online.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

4 day weekend, at least the weather is looking alright :shock:

And I’ve just found out the new headteacher at mini-vooodoos school is called Stuart Wright. Hmmm…
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

And I’ve just found out the new headteacher at mini-vooodoos school is called Stuart Wright. Hmmm…
Let's not go there hey :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Following a cracking weekend at Santa Pod, this weekend will see me heading to north Wales because Dee fancies a new bike ... a modern version of her existing 40 odd year old one. New doorway into the barn is also coming along but rain has pretty much stopped play for the day.

Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Having recently started to worry I have too many waterproof jackets, I spent the afternoon riding in one of them, lent 2 out to clients, and still have a clean one to head.out in this evening. Feeling slightly vindicated.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

^^ bike looks nice. I know practically nowt about motorbikes, but that one seems pleasing.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Be quite interested in knowing how Dee gets on with that Stu. Seems to be a few 'middleweight' motorsickles kicking around just now and as I'm increasingly heading for smaller and lighter bikes I'm quite fancying such a thing.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'll let you know Phil. Neither of us have ridden one but she likes the look and will no doubt also like having decent brakes too :wink:
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:35 am Following a cracking weekend at Santa Pod, this weekend will see me heading to north Wales because Dee fancies a new bike ... a modern version of her existing 40 odd year old one. New doorway into the barn is also coming along but rain has pretty much stopped play for the day.

I learnt to ride on one of those (slightly more modern fairing style, but same bike). :-bd
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Happy 6 year anniversary of not being a professional racist* to me!

*Working in UK immigration.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Hopefully cheery - going to try and sneak a bivvy in between the thunderstorms. They keep being forecast but never turn up....cue incoming....
Verena

Post by Verena »

Bearlegged wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:37 pm Happy 6 year anniversary of not being a professional racist* to me!

*Working in UK immigration.
:-bd
Verena

Post by Verena »

fatbikephil wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:15 pm Hopefully cheery - going to try and sneak a bivvy in between the thunderstorms. They keep being forecast but never turn up....cue incoming....
Ah well that's the weekend weather doomed now then
:roll:
:wink:
Verena

Post by Verena »

Just, yay, it's Friday (evening) 😄