Peak ITT groupstart - July

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Peak ITT groupstart - July

Post by redefined_cycles »

Sometime at the end of July. Trying to avoid the bank hol. If anyone has any preferance and would like to join then please put up your hand (and date).

Group start will again be from wherever you are on the loop so as not to affect the environment as much (with lots of gas/electricity guzzling just to get to the start point). I'll be starting from the most northerly section which is somewhere near Dunford Bridge...

Once again thanks to Ian Fitz for having put together such a lovely (but gruesome for me) loop so many years ago...

Can't recall how to add the gpx here but if anyone wants it then i could easily email it across. It's also in Outdoor Active as an open source loop I think...
Lazarus

Re: Peak ITT groupstart - July

Post by Lazarus »

hadfield for me and it will depend on date as to whether i can do it [ not planned that far ahead tbh ]
redefined_cycles

Any date, last 2 weeks of August. Hadfield sounds/looks good. Lovely bakery apparently :grin: which migrated to Huddersfield
Never knew it was a place until the last few years..
Leerowe76

Post by Leerowe76 »

Is there a link to the route ? cheers
Living On Dreams & Custard Creams
redefined_cycles

Hi Leerowe. Here's the official page with the rules for the ITT attempts. Ian (the route creator) is also linked/credited.

https://www.selfsupporteduk.net/peakitt

Let me know if you can't load it and I'll try and find/email you a copy of what I have in my Outdoor Active acc...
Leerowe76

Post by Leerowe76 »

Sound, cheers looks a cracking route tbf I'll keep my eye on the group start as I have some time off in July
redefined_cycles

Leerowe76 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:07 am Sound, cheers looks a cracking route tbf I'll keep my eye on the group start as I have some time off in July
Leerowe, as there wasn't mych interest (zero until you :grin: ) I ended up booking work for them days and started training for Everestinh locally.
Leerowe76

Post by Leerowe76 »

No drama mate, route ain't going anywhere
redefined_cycles

Very true. It'll stay on my jobs list until I've got it done! I think I'm on attempt 3 at the mo (2 scratched previously) :grin:
Alexinthepeaks

Post by Alexinthepeaks »

Theres a few local riders interested in a group ITT ill prob have a stab at it later in July with them. Ill try and get something in the diary.
Leerowe76

Post by Leerowe76 »

At your pace Alex you'll all be back in time for tea :lol: :-bd
redefined_cycles

Alexinthepeaks wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:50 am Theres a few local riders interested in a group ITT ill prob have a stab at it later in July with them. Ill try and get something in the diary.
Yes pls Alex. Could you pls post up the date here aswell if it's an open invite thing. I might give it another shot starting from near mine...
redefined_cycles

Leerowe76 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:02 am At your pace Alex you'll all be back in time for tea :lol: :-bd
:lol: I still remember the first time Alex posted up that he was doing the bearbones200 in under however many minutes... Some didn't realise he knew what it took, but just as he'd stated, he was back in roughly the time he'd stated. Tough as nails that man (and fast as a hare).