Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

PaulB2

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by PaulB2 »

and dropped off a very nice lightweight down jacket
Boab

Post by Boab »

... and dropped off a new track pump, with built in tubeless inflater; it's MASSIVE. Also dropped off a new bike lock for me to use at work.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

PaulB2 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:13 am and dropped off a very nice lightweight down jacket
Me too. Made the mistake of trying it on with the hood. Almost roasted in there!
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

redefined_cycles wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:36 pm
PaulB2 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:13 am and dropped off a very nice lightweight down jacket
Me too. Made the mistake of trying it on with the hood. Almost roasted in there!
Same. And same.

Arrived just after I'd repacked my seatpack for last night's bivvy so decided to leave it for next time. Tried it on quickly, but 10 seconds was enough to boil me! Very impressed though, very light. The medium is fairly roomy on me - I'm sure a small would have fitted better on its own, but plenty of room for layers isn't a bad thing. Kinda wish I'd bought one of the sleeping bags now.
redefined_cycles

thenorthwind wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:04 pm
Same. And same.

Arrived just after I'd repacked my seatpack for last night's bivvy so decided to leave it for next time. Tried it on quickly, but 10 seconds was enough to boil me! Very impressed though, very light. The medium is fairly roomy on me - I'm sure a small would have fitted better on its own, but plenty of room for layers isn't a bad thing. Kinda wish I'd bought one of the sleeping bags now.
You may well have regretted going any smaller Dave (or Andy, sorry :sad: ). I went for the large and for ref I'm a L to M in Endura Singletracks and an XL in Ra*pha. Going any smaller to a medium would have meant it didn't fit around the waste. Unique sizing if I'm honest and who knows, after a few more test tries with layers I might just have to move it on :o
Boab

Post by Boab »

... and dropped off a replacement ELEMNT ROAM. Got to say that I'm very impressed by the service from Wahoo on this, as I was fully expecting to be told where to go. They picked up the faulty unit yesterday, bonkers that this turned up today.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

thenorthwind wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:04 pm
Same. And same.

I went for a small purely on chest measurement and it’s a good fit though the extra cm on the arms from the medium wouldn’t have gone amiss
redefined_cycles

Boab wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:15 pm ... and dropped off a replacement ELEMNT ROAM. Got to say that I'm very impressed by the service from Wahoo on this, as I was fully expecting to be told where to go. They picked up the faulty unit yesterday, bonkers that this turned up today.
I've had similar experience on a used model. Think they gave me £100 off :smile: Congrats.
Mart

Post by Mart »

Well not today but yesterday mr postie dropped off a box with a tyre, some grips, and a new bottom bracket.
The bottom bracket is another Hope SS, after neglecting to do anything to the old one for the last 3 years. I must learn how to replace just the bearings as probably a cheaper way of doing it
2924 miles per Gallon
riderdown

Post by riderdown »

Unique sizing if I'm honest
My XXL is great!

Sad circumstances re the founder, did feel like a piranha but the jacket will be put to good use
PaulE

Post by PaulE »

Postie delivered the main requirement for our summer holiday in France this weekend... A pair of close fitting swimming trunks/budgie smugglers. According to Mrs E the delivery was "a very small package", how lucky I am to have married a comedian!
Johnallan

Post by Johnallan »

A very nice down jacket from Criterion. If usually wear a small in Rab, ME etc. The medium fits nice
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

...and dropped off some 700x44 byways to stick on the gravel bike for a road tour.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Johnallan wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:55 pm A very nice down jacket from Criterion. If usually wear a small in Rab, ME etc. The medium fits nice
Eeek! I wear small in everything and ordered a small over the weekend…
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

If its any help, I'm a 37" chest and the small fits me nicely
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

PaulB2 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:35 pm If its any help, I'm a 37" chest and the small fits me nicely
Ta, hopefully I’ll be fine then :YMPRAY:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

voodoo_simon wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:26 pm
Johnallan wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:55 pm A very nice down jacket from Criterion. If usually wear a small in Rab, ME etc. The medium fits nice
I momentarily considered buying a small to see how it compared, and selling one, but I've stuck with the medium. I imagine the small will be fine. I wouldn't describe the fit as particularly athletic as they have.
Johnallan

Post by Johnallan »

voodoo_simon wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:26 pm
TBH, my first thought was 'bugger, it's too big'. It's it's actually a nice casual fit but I think I'd also be happy with a small
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Good god you people are scrawny freaks :lol:

My XL is a fine. It fits but would seem to have little spare room in the shoulders or chest area for significant layers (given it's warmth that seems fine) and fits snuggly at waist (c'mon, lets be honest, gut :roll:) level. Compared to a Patagonia nanopuff in XL, Montane Icarus in XL and Montane Prism in L (weirdly the XL was tent-like whilst the others weren't) I'd say the fit of the Criterion was less accommodating for the weightier, middle-aged bleurk.

:cool: :cool:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:10 am Good god you people are scrawny freaks :lol:
:lol:

Lucky you, Tim, you don't have to buy clothes are far too wide for you, just to get sleeves that reach to your wrists and to cover your lower back!
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

thenorthwind wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:24 am
Cheeky Monkey wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:10 am Good god you people are scrawny freaks :lol:
:lol:

Lucky you, Tim, you don't have to buy clothes are far too wide for you, just to get sleeves that reach to your wrists and to cover your lower back!
I'm also warmer at night Dave (soooooo well insulated). My life really is a win-win :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

A Pair of WTB Ventures and Stans Race Sealant. Ordered from Wiggle on Sunday, arrived Monday lunchtime with free postage.
Boab

Post by Boab »

... and dropped off a new rear tyre and some tubeless sealant. That's my evening sorted then.
Pickers

Post by Pickers »

And dropped off a set of lifter poles lovingly crafted by a bloke in a barn in Wales and made up in 3 sections to fit into a 5 litre dry bag with my Lunar Solo tent.

Image3 piece poles by Richard Picton, on Flickr

They fit perfectly... thanks Stu!
Some of my pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/107347896@N06/sets/

We’re gonna need snacks

#TakeLessBike
RIP

Post by RIP »

Is that one of those puzzles where you have to move one bit of pole and it makes three triangles instead of two or something?
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster