Meeting the Author of Extreme Sleeps

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Farawayvisions

Meeting the Author of Extreme Sleeps

Post by Farawayvisions »

Yesterday, myself and Mr faraway took ourselves off to London as I had a morning meeting with a magazine team.
I met Phoebe Smith, the author of Extreme Sleeps: Adventures of a wildcamper. She is fun loving woman with a passion for wildcamping, though not by bicycle. The book is on my must read list now and here's a link to it if you're interested. If you've already read it, I'd love to know what you think. http://www.summersdale.com/book/5/714/extreme-sleeps/
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Meeting the Author of Extreme Sleeps

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Keep meaning to read it but I set myself a book buying limit each month and something else always crops up.
May the bridges you burn light your way
durhambiker

Post by durhambiker »

Damn Amazon and the 1-Click Kindle book purchasing. Extreme Sleeps is now on it's way to my Kindle along with a couple of books about the Great Divide
darbeze

Post by darbeze »

An enjoyable read... My wife had it and I read it after she had...

Definitely worth reading... All good outdoors stuff.

Si
durhambiker

Post by durhambiker »

Well I've been reading it off-and-on over the past week whilst off work, as well as Dividing The Great and some fiction. I've not finished it yet (probably about 70% through it), but I've got to the point of finding it difficult to get myself to go back to it. The first few chapters were great and had me hooked, but after that it got a bit samey. Got a bit bored of the constant reference to her sleeps being extreme too. Whereas with Dividing The Great I couldn't put it down, always had to read "just one more chapter". Well worth £1.75 to grab the Kindle edition, although I think my wife is now sick of hearing about me wanting to ride the Great Divide...