Longshot, anyone have a CAT and signal generator I can borrow in the Manchester/ East Lancs area

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

riderdown

Longshot, anyone have a CAT and signal generator I can borrow in the Manchester/ East Lancs area

Post by riderdown »

As title, need to trace a old cast iron pipe in a field as the streets water supply is on the blink

Thanks
Cheeky Monkey

Re: Longshot, anyone have a CAT and signal generator I can borrow in the Manchester/ East Lancs area

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Are you on a private supply? If not shirley the water company is the man / woman / person for the job?

If you really want to trace it I've seen them use divining rods, easily fashioned from wire coathanger :wink: Otherwise most plant hire shops do CAT&G (for a price).
In Reverse

Re: Longshot, anyone have a CAT and signal generator I can borrow in the Manchester/ East Lancs area

Post by In Reverse »

riderdown wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:24 pm As title, need to trace a old cast iron pipe in a field as the streets water supply is on the blink

Thanks
Not a thread I expected to see on here but I can poetically sort this :lol:

Drop me a pm.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

I can poetically sort this
are you john cooper clarke?
riderdown

Post by riderdown »

Pm in prose sent
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

If no luck.
Give me a shout.
I have several contacts who will hire you one
Look for a Cat4+ and genny
riderdown

Post by riderdown »

Thanks everyone, we managed to trace with a metal detector, and a leak has been fixed so now less urgent. We hope not to need one now.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Lazarus wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:43 pm
I can poetically sort this
are you john cooper clarke?
I'm more of a Böttcher