Post by JohnClimber »

With Stuarts help I've done a bivi bag review

https://www.bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/ ... try-bivvy/

Linked to my sleeping bag and mattress *"Unison, Harmony or a System*

https://www.bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/ ... untry-bed/
postierich

Re: "Unison, Harmony or a System" - My ultimate bivi

Post by postierich »

Never had a good nights sleep in a bivi bag and thats coming from an Army background in which we used them a lot with a tarp. Obviously not ridden hard enough or drank enough beer, which is a big problem for me as I am a serial pisser :-)
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Problem with a bivvy bag is how to get in, or out, when it's raining. IMHO it's not really a practical solution for UK weather
Glad it works for you John as clearly it's all personal choice
RIP

Post by RIP »

I thought this was going to be a philosophical thread, not had a good one of those for a while. You know, along the lines of Peace, Light and Goodwill etc etc.

Yes, pleased it works for you JC, but about the only reason for me to have a bb would be for stealth. Nice weather, don't need one; likelihood of dew etc, coated bag/quilt; bad weather, big tarp and said coated bag/quilt; torrential weather, shed/barn/etc.

Nice that we all have different preferences of course, keeps things interesting :-bd .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Chrisps

Post by Chrisps »

I never realised they did a properly waterproof version of that Bivy; that's useful to know!

I really like Bivies too, although even with eVent ones (which seem to be regarded as the best for breathing), I find I get a reasonable amount of condensation, especially if exposed to the sky. The only one that has ever been genuinely condensation free for me is a Rab Ridge Raider... but it also weighs almost a kilo!

I'm interested to know, does it feel like its a membrane waterproof fabric on the top? The spec's imply its just nylon... I don't see how they make nylon both waterproof and breathable?