WRT23

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

godivatrailrider

Re: WRT23

Post by godivatrailrider »

JohnClimber wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:52 pm
You'll be glad to know I've gone back to latest Travers Prong forks on the 29er+ and Molly's bike now.

Too much speed wobble when fully loaded with winter gear with the original Lauf Carbonara forks on this winter, so time for a change.
So there is a downside to Laufs ! I'm quite a fan, though can't afford them. A speed wobble with nothing to dampen it sounds scary :shock:
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

godivatrailrider wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:55 am So there is a downside to Laufs ! I'm quite a fan, though can't afford them. A speed wobble with nothing to dampen it sounds scary :shock:
It's only when it was overloaded on the front end, it felt like the whole bike frame was twisting under me.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Never experienced it personally but I am only 10 stone
The only downside I have experienced is that when you take the full travel it seriously bounces back at you as its undampened rebound - dont roll in to a 3 foot drop jump it instead
Its very good for rough stuff its not good enough for serious rock garden stuff [ but you can pick your way down it]
Best viewed as a very good rigid fork rather a proper suspension fork IME- basically you can tell it was made for tamer trails like you would find in Iceland rather than Lakeland epics.
Excellent on the correct trails scary on the wrong ones as you fight the rebound [ so end up going pretty slow]
AndreR

Post by AndreR »

Places booked! Looking forward already! :grin:
If at first you don't succeed you're running about average!

Introverts Unite! We are here, we are uncomfortable and we want to go home.
ctznsmith

Post by ctznsmith »

It's been a while since I've a) posted on here and b) actually been bikepacking but the wife and I are coming along.

Will probably start out on Stu's gravel route which will then be shortened when I realise how little I've ridden a bike in the last few years. :roll:
postierich

Post by postierich »

Always knew those LAUF forks were wrong uns :-)