TransEngland23.

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Senor Charrleh

TransEngland23.

Post by Senor Charrleh »

So first of all dopey here needs to learn to read.. I was positive it was a Friday night start but it turns out due to easter it was a Thursday night start.
Anyway you guessed it i trouped all the way down to Morecombe on Friday, i never realised my mistake till i was heading down from Glasgow on the train and saw it online but i swear it initially said Friday anyhoo since i was on my way i thought may as well still ride this even if i'm not showing on the official results.

Headed off from Morecambe Pier at about 10pm, rode through the night and most of the day got to the Belle statue at around 3.45pm took me 17h 49m . I went through the motions and tweeted the 6 checkpoints. Couple of minor mechanicals 1 puncture and i managed to snap a spoke.
It was a cold night but it soon warmed up once the sun got going mid morning. Managed to blag my way onto and earlier train home. longest ever outdoor ride for me. Just over an hour till back in Glasgow then a wee 7 mile ride home and straight to bed for me i will sort everything out tomorrow.

I future i will be quadruple checking over things.
voodoo_simon

Re: TransEngland23.

Post by voodoo_simon »

Fair play for cracking on with the ride :-bd
Leerowe76

Post by Leerowe76 »

Nice one, must of been a bit weird rocking up and no one there but you got the job done anyway so happy days :-bd
Living On Dreams & Custard Creams
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Been biting cold out the last couple of nights, well done for riding through.
touch

Post by touch »

Not that it's much help to you now (maybe helps your sanity) but you're correct that it was originally planned for Friday 7th:
(Found using the "Wayback Machine". This is the last copy they have saved - from December 2022.)

Presumably when they confirmed the dates on 1st Jan they updated it to be a Thursday start instead?