Swaps (or sales) - my various TRP Spyres + Spykes for your BB7s

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

jameso

Swaps (or sales) - my various TRP Spyres + Spykes for your BB7s

Post by jameso »

Updated,
TRP Spykes and Spyres FS or swaps

My preferred SRAM brake levers seem to feel a bit better with BB7s than TRPs so I'm swapping out 3 sets of Spyres. All PM fitting. Sales or swaps.

1 set Spyre PM, used. Good cond, cleaned out and regreased from time to time as needed. Missing one of the tiny top hat covers inside the lever arm, it's a non-functional part though. Inc new Shimano resin pads.
Swap for BB7 road, in black ideally for 160mm F+R or £45 posted.

Also a set of BNIB pre-recall Spyres inc oem pads. There was a recall when they realised the V1 Spyre can, with very worn pads, go over-centre and the lever arm snaps into place fully on and needs a push to return. In this situation the balls can roll out of their tracks. You don't lose braking ability suddenly, just the return motion (and you get a warning that your pads are overdue for replacement). Potentially you need to pull the caliper apart if a ball is dislodged but that's unlikely (and it's easy to do, to re-grease annually etc). Just mentioning this for clarity.
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/tektro-r ... sc-brakes/
- Anyway, I used a set with this issue for ages, if you adjust the pad position as they wear to a basic level the lever arm never rotates that far over.
Would swap for BB7 roads for 160mm F+R or black BB7 MTN for 180mm F+R, or open to an offer.

1 set Spyke MTB brake, used. Very good cond, serviced and not that much use. Swap for black BB7 MTN ideally with adapters for 180mm F+R or £65 posted for the pair.
Last edited by jameso on Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:51 am, edited 7 times in total.
Dyffers

Re: Swaps - my various TRP Spyres + Spykes for your BB7s

Post by Dyffers »

Reading through all that I don't think I have what you want :roll: but I like Spyres more than BB7s and would happily swap a pair of well-used silver road BB7 calipers for similar condition Spyres if that is of any interest to you (not sure about the pre-recall ones though as the front BB7 is/was being used on a fixed gear without a rear caliper brake so I need it not to fail!). I have loads of my preferred pads for my other Spyres so pads or no pads wouldn't be a problem.
jameso

Post by jameso »

Sorry Dyffers, for now the silver classic BB7 road isn't one I'm after if/since I'm being picky : )
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

No worries at all.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

I've got a single BB7S (the fancy black ones, with some stainless parts (?) ) MTN, which might fit your requirement no. 3?

It's used but in very good shape. It's been in my parts box waiting for a new commuter build for several years, and I'm finally getting round to said build... turns out I have a brand new pair of the same. Possibly they reproduce if you wait long enough :???:

I don't need any TRP brakes, but would swap for cash, or there's some parts I want for this build... You never know, though I'm being picky too, though going all silver for the retro look :grin:

There's also a pair of standard BB7 MTNs on my current commuter that will soon be surplus, though they're definitely used, though still working well.
jameso

Post by jameso »

A single BB7? Who do you think I am, a fixie rider? :wink: :grin:
I have some original BB7 MTNs actually so no need there sorry - just being a tart and thinking black BB7 S MTN would look good on the all black bike.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

:lol:
Sorry, I thought your "1 x" meant you were after a single brake, but you mean a pair? Not sure I'm totally understanding still though.

But if you do mean you want a pair of black BB7S MTNs, I might still be of use... as I say, I've got a brand new pair I was saving for this build - they look better than the standard BB7s with the red adjuster, but silver would be better for this build so if you've got a pair of silver TRP calipers for MTB levers I could be interested.
jameso

Post by jameso »

thenorthwind wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:08 pm :lol:
Sorry, I thought your "1 x" meant you were after a single brake, but you mean a pair? Not sure I'm totally understanding still though.

But if you do mean you want a pair of black BB7S MTNs, I might still be of use... as I say, I've got a brand new pair I was saving for this build - they look better than the standard BB7s with the red adjuster, but silver would be better for this build so if you've got a pair of silver TRP calipers for MTB levers I could be interested.
Ah my error, I see what you mean :grin: Will edit. 1x pair. They're all pairs.
I don't have any silver TRP calipers for MTB, just the black Spykes. Don't think they make any silver MTB calipers? If interested I'd swap those Spykes plus misc silver bits if I have something of use.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

That makes sense now, and probably would have done before if I'd thought about it :smile:
Thanks, but I think I might as well stick with what I've got. Sorry, as you were :cool:
jameso

Post by jameso »

Bump 4 swapz
BobCatMax

Post by BobCatMax »

I have a set of bb7 mtn James.

Drop me a pm
Image Image
jameso