Lanshan owners and heavy rain...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Polisherman

Lanshan owners and heavy rain...

Post by Polisherman »

'ow do.

1st time using the mighty lanshan in pouring rain and I experienced moistness. It was proper p!ssing it down, I had the door zipped down fully and had the to be expected condensation. I was woken up by what felt like light drizzle. Do you think it was rain coming through or just the condensation sort of mizzling. I cured the situation by going back to sleep for an hour before needing another piss. ( due to camping in a pub garden and being old)
Mrs Polisherman has experienced this without the hoofing rain, so probably the condensation, rather than rain migration...?
fatbikephil

Re: Lanshan owners and heavy rain...

Post by fatbikephil »

Yes had this once on the Deschutes - it was definitely not leaking as I've used it in horrible rain without condensation and no ingress. I think on the Six Moons Designs website they talk about heavy rain drops hitting the tarp and causing condensation to splash off the inner wall of the tent. It didn't penetrate my borah bivvy so I ignored it....
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

I’ve had this but nothing worth fretting about. Unlike when I left a corner of my polycro groundsheet poking out, created a river into my quilt and woke up in a small lake :roll:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

There are occasions when heavy / large droplets of rain can hit the fabric with enough force that they can penetrate the material - I think it's referred to as 'misting'. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong, simply that conditions are right for it to happen. However, it does sound more like condensation here.
May the bridges you burn light your way