Memory maps on iphones

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

Memory maps on iphones

Post by Mike »

Hi all, who’s knows about memory maps and uses it on their iphones?

So I’ve downloaded the app and I’ve transferred the data from my old Samsung however I can’t open the OS 1:50 map of uk that I have? When I zoom in on the map it says I need to go to the digital store however I have migrated the map license to this new phone so it should appear in the maps list but doesn’t and I can’t for the life of me work it out? A bit of Googling says I need to upload the original files to iTunes first, is this right

Any help would be great ya I’m new to the iPhone!
Shewie

Re: Memory maps on iphones

Post by Shewie »

It's a while since I used MM but I remember I had to use a classic license for my very ancient map files, probably not related though.

I did find the support guys at MM very helpful and they soon sorted me out, might be worth dropping them a mail
slarge

Post by slarge »

I use MM on my Samsung phone. I did import the maps somehow and transferred the licence, and then bought new maps a year ago in a sale (the originals were at least 10 years old and of questionable heritage).
Seemed to work OK for a luddite like me, but I'd suggest following the instructions to the letter (and don't skim read like I did the first few attempts)
slarge

Post by slarge »

In fact Mike, I'm sure you showed me how to import on my phone, so if you can't figure it out then I'll be no help whatsoever!!