Wahoo roam deleting routes

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

woodsmith

Wahoo roam deleting routes

Post by woodsmith »

I use my Wahoo Roam in conjunction with routes created on RWGPS. It currentley has over 400 routes stored which makes finding the one I want a chore on occasion.
I've archived most of the routes on my RWGPS account as I don't want to delete them but haven't been able to delete anything from the Roam.
I've tried following the poor show Wahoo guide (the one big failing with Wahoo is the total lack of a manual) without success.
Can anyone talk me through it? Ta.
whitestone

Re: Wahoo roam deleting routes

Post by whitestone »

When you plug the Roam into a computer via USB does it appear as a "drive" in Explorer/Finder? If so you should be able to navigate to the folder holding the routes and delete them.

However a search shows that Wahoo units sync to whatever online service you use so you need to delete them there, THEN sync the unit. This should (according to the internet) delete the routes from the unit.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

woodsmith wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:20 pm I use my Wahoo Roam in conjunction with routes created on RWGPS. It currentley has over 400 routes stored which makes finding the one I want a chore on occasion.
I've archived most of the routes on my RWGPS account as I don't want to delete them but haven't been able to delete anything from the Roam.
I've tried following the poor show Wahoo guide (the one big failing with Wahoo is the total lack of a manual) without success.
Can anyone talk me through it? Ta.
With Strava you had the option to unstar from Strava then sync. The idea being that you'd peeviously clicked the option to sync the starred routes. In theory it should delete...

But, from memory I think I recall a similar issue with the previous v1 versions and would have to on occassion reset and resync (having prior unstarred the routes in Strava so they no longer showed in the app)...

Let me have a fiddle with my BOLT v1 if I can recall anything else...
redefined_cycles

Actually... I take that back. I remember now that the only problem I had with deleting routes was when I edited a route in Strava and synced them both again (by starring or whatnot).

Despite the previous route having been deleted from the device - try grabbing the route in your Wahoo app and swiping it left or right as it should disappear or give aessage as to why it hasn't - the device would then get confused between the two routes and give me directions as if it were the 1st unedited route!
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Are your routes pinned on RWGPS? I haven't used my elemnt for a while having bought another Garmin but I thought it only synced pinned rides from RWGPS.
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

johnnystorm wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:28 pm Are your routes pinned on RWGPS? I haven't used my elemnt for a while having bought another Garmin but I thought it only synced pinned rides from RWGPS.
They are either stored in my "Routes" on Rwgps or archived. It seems like even the archived routes are still visible to the app?
The only way I have found is to unarchive to route, open it, download as a TCX route to the computer then delete the route.
The Wahoo app doesn't let you delete route routes that were downloaded from a third party. They have to be deleted at source and then the unit re-syched .
A real pain in the arse.

If someone knows better from actually doing it rather than reading what it says on the web I'd be most grateful.
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

johnnystorm wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:28 pm Are your routes pinned on RWGPS? I haven't used my elemnt for a while having bought another Garmin but I thought it only synced pinned rides from RWGPS.
From the Wahoo site:
Press SYNC to begin downloading your routes to the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM. All routes which appear under "My Routes" on the RideWithGPS website will appear on this page of the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM, as shown below. Any pinned routes are displayed with a star.
redefined_cycles

woodsmith wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:08 pm
From the Wahoo site:
Press SYNC to begin downloading your routes to the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM. All routes which appear under "My Routes" on the RideWithGPS website will appear on this page of the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM, as shown below. Any pinned routes are displayed with a star.
In Strava you just click that star and then come back to the app/device... Do a page reload and they've either gone from the app or you can now grab and scroll right to remove from the app?
redefined_cycles

Edit. Actually, I just tried that. It used to allow you to delete in the wahoo app once you'd unstarred it on the Strava site. But for some reason just now it's not doing that.

Maybe a glitch in the Wahoo servers at the current time..
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:38 pm Maybe a glitch in the Wahoo servers at the current time..
It'll be like Twitter, and Wahoo will have sacked all the developers.
redefined_cycles

Seems like it. I'm gonna check again when I get home from the desktop version, but I've never really had this problem before. Also, I've found over the years that with Wahoo all the syncs and settings work alot better (ie. to manipulate and change) when the app is connected to the device. So will try that shortly aswell...

Good find there btw Woodsmith with this issue...
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

Got in touch with Wahoo support who were very helpful with a prompt response, as were RWGPS.

From Wahoo
"open the elemnt app when you have your device paired to the app and then tap ypur profile image in the profile tab 10 times. This should then display a "secret menu" from this menu you should be able to select "reset cloud route sync time" After this leave the app for 30 seconds and then log out and log back in."

From RWGPS
I would recommend archiving any routes that you don't want on your Wahoo, un-archving any routes that you DO want on there, and then syncing your device. Once routes are archived and then you've synced with Wahoo, these should come off your device. Pinned routes will still sync to your Wahoo.

Seams to have worked . :-bd