Jacket Hood Tidy / strap

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

BenS

Jacket Hood Tidy / strap

Post by BenS »

I’ve recently bought a Gore Lupra jacket which I’m really pleased with except that the hood doesn’t have any sort of strap to keep it rolled up so deploys as an air brake behind me when not on my head.

Mrs S has a Montane jacket that has a rubber keeper on the hood elastic at the back of the head that then clips into the hanging tab keeping the hood out the way. Does anyone know of anything similar I could buy or any other good way of keeping the hood rolled up when not needed?

Failing all else I will probably cut up a bit of Velcro strap to sort it but it doesn’t feel a very satisfactory solution
voodoo_simon

Re: Jacket Hood Tidy / strap

Post by voodoo_simon »

Bit old school but you can roll it inside itself to make a collar, great when it’s raining but less good for venting
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

Cam snaps are easy to fit, if you can find something to attach them to
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

voodoo_simon wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:50 pm Bit old school but you can roll it inside itself to make a collar, great when it’s raining but less good for venting
That's what I do with the hoods of various clothing, once I'm riding fast enough, which is rare :lol:
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Other option is, rather than rolling, just tuck down inside the back of your jacket
jameso

Post by jameso »

Mrs S has a Montane jacket that has a rubber keeper on the hood elastic at the back of the head that then clips into the hanging tab keeping the hood out the way.
Hmm
*wanders off to look at Prism jacket bought recently*
So it does :-bd
BenS

Post by BenS »

If I roll the hood up it unrolls itself so I have been tucking it down my back but found it not the most comfortable. Off to play with some Velcro strip