Shocking advice!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ChrisF

Re: Shocking advice!

Post by ChrisF »

It's safe. Shops store hundreds of the things without any special safety measures.
So long as you disconnect it from the stove (duh), and if you don't, the Darwin awards apply. A body temperature canister will burn better on a cold morning, unfortunately they soon cool down.
psling

Post by psling »

Well, I take my arse to bed with me inside the sleeping bag and have (just about) survived so far.... :shock:

The gas in the canister is odour free but has a 'stench' added to it so has a pretty powerful and noticeable smell, especially in an enclosed space; maybe enough to wake some people.
It is also heavier than air so I guess that's another reason to use a quilt rather than a sleeping bag...? :wink:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Another positive for bivvying over tenting too. All that fresh air passing your face.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

ScotRoutes wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:13 pm Another positive for bivvying over tenting too. All that fresh air passing your face.

... and slugs, don't forget the slugs :YMSICK:
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:28 pm
ScotRoutes wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:13 pm Another positive for bivvying over tenting too. All that fresh air passing your face.

... and slugs, don't forget the slugs :YMSICK:
Especially when they try n kiss you. Slugs are ace :smile:
ripio

Post by ripio »

Bearlegged wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:06 pm I'm more interested in the localised forcefield that's kept the snow off the bivvy bag.
A forcefield commonly known as body heat perhaps? :lol:
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Think the forcefield is " staged photoshoot " given it's daylight ( and I assume someone else took it )
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

. As for Marmite - horrible stuff! Should be placed in a nuclear waste storage facility and left there for eternity :lol:
...which will still before the "sell by" date 😉