FS Surly Krampus SOLD

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

lune ranger

FS Surly Krampus SOLD

Post by lune ranger »

I’m in the early stages of getting ready to sell a 2013-2016 era green Surly Krampus frame. Large. It’s old it’s had a good life and lots of bags attached to it. It’s structurally sound and the paint is fairly intact. The head badge is worn but it still looks nice in a well loved sort of way.

It has a BS 73mm BB shell, 135mm QR Surly rear facing dropouts and a 100mm head tube that will take a tapered or straight steerer.

My intention is to strip the frame and sell it bare on eBay but I thought that I could offer it here first with various options available.

Available alongside the frame are: 2x FatLab 55 rims (49mm ID) vaguely exciting hugely wide rims to make the most of big plus tyres) Scratched and bashed but running true in their present wheels)
Ritchey twin clamp seat post - hardly used.
Seat clamp. Black
Salsa steel Firestarter fork - grey with Surly decals. Same dimensions as a Krampus fork. Long steerer for loads of spacers.
Hope headset to match fork.
Alpkit Confucius bars

There are also 2 custom frame bags. An Alpkit custom Stingray. Massive. 6cm wide at rear flaring to 10cm at the front. Horizontal divider. Map pocket. Wire/tube port. Black

A Rockgeist custom wedge frame pack - frame bag that occupies the front portion of the frame only allowing a large water bottle to mount on the seat tube. This has a horizontal divider, map pocket, rear pole/tube sleeve, wire/tube port. It is 1000d woodland camo Cordura. It attaches with paracord lacing at the top and bolts to the down tube bottle bosses. It’s great.

If you are interested PM me. I’m open to offers if you are interested in multiple items. I’d like £350 for the frame. I am not selling any parts to anyone until the frame is sold. If there is no interest on here the individual items will end up on eBay.

Once the bike goes on sale there will also be a treasure trove of 29 x 3 tyres for sale as well. 5 brand new 4 used.
There is a new 120tpi Dirt Wizard on sale already.

I’m currently very badly beat up with a bunch of broken ribs and fractured scapula so it’s going to be a month or so until I’m ready to strip the frame and move it on. Postage can be arranged at cost. Pick up from near Exeter.

Cheers.
Last edited by lune ranger on Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
lune ranger

Re: FS Surly Krampus Frame L

Post by lune ranger »

Some interest in the frame so the extras may be available separately soon.
WSC
drewbingham

Post by drewbingham »

I'd be interested in hearing more about the FatLab wheels/tyres for my Stooge Mk4 if they became available - assuming they were non-boost.

Am also in SW Devon so no postage hassle!

Drew.
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

:-bd
drewbingham wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:09 pm I'd be interested in hearing more about the FatLab wheels/tyres for my Stooge Mk4 if they became available - assuming they were non-boost.

Am also in SW Devon so no postage hassle!

Drew.
Off the top of my head, I think I’ll have 2 x Bonty XR2 29er 3” tyres, 2 x Bombolino 29x3 - all brand new.
2 hardly used Panaracer Fat B Nimble 29x3 (one has a fixed puncture)
2 well used but serviceable Chronicle 29x3
1 well worn Surly Dirt Wizard 120tpi 29x3

The Fat Lab 55 will be sold as rims only. 32 hole. They give proper plus tyres a massive footprint.

Give me a couple of weeks on this Drew. I’m still a bit too broken to be routing around in the ‘cupboard of doom’ with all the tyres kept.
WSC
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Frame and fork sold in less than an hour on eBay.
I’ll sort out the pile of tyres this weekend and advertise here first.
WSC