The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by redefined_cycles »

Johnallan wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:19 am A couple of patches to chuck in a drawer with the others. Cheers Stu :-bd
My BAM badge (which I earned in 2020 or 21 I think) came through the other day too. Thought I may aswell start keeping count now that I'm attemtping another. Missus has kinda hidden it away from me, probably thinking I'll forget I'm on a BAM mission (and hence not have to verbally combat me every time I go out to ensure 'the bike doesn't come in the house').

Nice badges there John..
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

summittoppler wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:36 am I wore them last weekend in the wind and rain on the Winter event and they performed fantastically. My Gore trousers are a similar price but as I said, these are on another level :-bd
What temps will will these be ok in?
When do you think they will be too warm to wear here in the UK please?
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:29 am 'Naughty Wind' trousers - what a great name :-bd
I thought Naught Vind meant Flatulance free not Full on Flatulance

Oh well lost on translation... :???:
So air permiable or not?
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

JohnClimber wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:37 pm
summittoppler wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:36 am I wore them last weekend in the wind and rain on the Winter event and they performed fantastically. My Gore trousers are a similar price but as I said, these are on another level :-bd
What temps will will these be ok in?
When do you think they will be too warm to wear here in the UK please?
Like I say they seem 'better' than my Gore trousers and I have used them through the year with the exception of warm summer days. Therefore I can imagine these will be defo be used through winter but with no leggings underneath. I doubt I'll use them as much as the Gore ones. Time will tell...
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 5

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

This put Gore(tex) Windstopper in a whole new light :grin: :lol:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
psling

Post by psling »

I bought a couple of items in the Crikey I can only afford their Items in the Sale, erm, sale and they arrived yesterday including a pair of their Trail Pants. I have to say, they are very well made and quality items. Tried on but not worn in anger yet.
I've had a few bits from them in their sales over the years and all items have so far been well made, comfortable and lasted well.
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
redefined_cycles

psling wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:23 pm I bought a couple of items in the Crikey I can only afford their Items in the Sale, erm, sale and they arrived yesterday including a pair of their Trail Pants. I have to say, they are very well made and quality items. Tried on but not worn in anger yet.
I've had a few bits from them in their sales over the years and all items have so far been well made, comfortable and lasted well.
Got a link?
psling

Post by psling »

redefined_cycles wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:35 pm
psling wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:23 pm I bought a couple of items in the Crikey I can only afford their Items in the Sale, erm, sale and they arrived yesterday including a pair of their Trail Pants. I have to say, they are very well made and quality items. Tried on but not worn in anger yet.
Got a link?
These are the Trail Pants: https://www.Crikey, how much.cc/gb/en/shop/mens-tr ... TPA01XXAMC Shaf but they don't appear to be in the sale now (they were 55% off!).
Delete Crikey, how much from IRL and replace with r a p h a (no spaces) :roll:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
redefined_cycles

psling wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:53 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:35 pm
Got a link?
These are the Trail Pants: [url]https://www.Crikey, how much.cc/gb/en/shop/mens-trail-pants/product/TPA01XXAMC[/url] Shaf but they don't appear to be in the sale now (they were 55% off!).
Delete Crikey, how much from IRL and replace with r a p h a (no spaces) :roll:
Thanks so much Peter. Yes, I agree with the Rapah stuff and hence mostly get my stuff off ebay with a few full/half priced shop purchases over the years. Anyway, found em in stock but in bright blue or khaki :o

Would you say they're a slim fit as I don't fancy summat body hugging. Maybe the answer would be going for an xxl even though I'm usually an XL in their gear :???:
psling

Post by psling »

redefined_cycles wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:14 pm Thanks so much Peter. Yes, I agree with the Rapah stuff and hence mostly get my stuff off ebay with a few full/half priced shop purchases over the years. Anyway, found em in stock but in bright blue or khaki :o

Would you say they're a slim fit as I don't fancy summat body hugging. Maybe the answer would be going for an xxl even though I'm usually an XL in their gear :???:
I'm 38" waist, 15st 10lbs and have the XL. They are just about on my limit around the waist and bum (XXL may have been a more relaxed fit) but they are spot on in the leg. Like a lot of Rapah stuff, they have a remarkably short fly zip!! :shock:
redefined_cycles

Thanks so much Peter... I'll contemplate and discuss with the missus. Sounds like I'm gonna get a tight fit either way as I'm usually xl in their jerseys to get a relaxed fit... but am also only a 34 waiste. So getting an xl would probably not be relaxed enough but then getting an xxl might be too big in the waiste... What do you think Peter?
Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

...with a set of tyres from Al in the classifieds. All good, cheers from one Al to another.
HUX

Post by HUX »

And bought a new rim and a couple of chains from zee germanz for the same price as a rim alone over here. 4 day delivery with no fees. :-bd winner
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Officially the coolest kid in town now, my BB ‘buff’ arrived. Cheers Stu :-bd

People will think I’m a hardy bastard now who did the winter event :lol:
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

A nice 1/4 zip l/s Isobaa merino top from Sport Pursuit. Looks to be good quality on first inspection. And a 60mm stem very kindly donated by Phil of this Parish. And two sets of sintered Avid Juicy BB7 pads off fleabay for a bargain price.
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Superstar wheelset from ton. :-bd
Trying to ride bikes.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I'm all buff now
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'm all buff now
Good, I'm glad something managed to get through :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Mine arrived today as well :grin: along with a new rear wiper arm for the van.

These were separate parcels in case anyone is disappointed their buff didn't come with free Volkswagen parts :lol:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

These were separate parcels in case anyone is disappointed their buff didn't come with free Volkswagen parts
If only the police hadn't towed off that abandoned GTI in the forest :wink:
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

After experienced a bit of speed wobble when heavily loaded up for my 2 post Christmas bike packing trips on my 29er+

I've decided to back to basics rather than cut my luxury list down to "just surviving" and bought a new updated Travers Evo Prong fork rigid carbon fork with bolts down the side and a much stiffer front axle that my mark 1 Prong fork that I'll be swapping out for my current Lauf Carbonara fat bike fork.

I first thought that the box was empty when it arrived as it's ridiculously super light weight.

Now to get Rich from Keep Peddling to rebuild my 150mm fat bike hub on my bike onto a 110mm hub that fits this fork.

The Lauf will go on my wife's fat bike in the future too.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

A package that contained the final piece to complete the BearBones lightweight stove collection. Cheer Stu.

jameso

Post by jameso »

A current AW22 Montane Prism jacket at 50% off in a sale and I'm really impressed. Always liked Montane kit but the current Prism really is excellent. The hood design and generous arm length in particular (arms longer than the size M Fireball I bought a few yrs ago, my go-to bikepacking trip jacket). Warmer than I expected too.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

A new compressor :roll:
redefined_cycles

jameso wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:02 pm A current AW22 Montane Prism jacket at 50% off in a sale and I'm really impressed. Always liked Montane kit but the current Prism really is excellent. The hood design and generous arm length in particular (arms longer than the size M Fireball I bought a few yrs ago, my go-to bikepacking trip jacket). Warmer than I expected too.
Got a link pls James?