Kam snaps

Make your own gear? Talk about it here!

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Al

Kam snaps

Post by Al »

Need to add a couple of kam snaps to some myog pogies (I say myog - what is it when you rope your mother in to help :lol:). Do I need the tool thingy or can i bodge it with a bradawl and some pliers???
Bearlegged

Re: Kam snaps

Post by Bearlegged »

Al wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:08 pm (I say myog - what is it when you rope your mother in to help :lol:).
MMYOG?
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

You'll have to help me out with what a Kam Snap is? As google didn't give a definitive answer.

Are they poppers? If they fix in a similar fashion to eyelets then the dies came with the set I bought. The included pliers don't produce enough force with the ones I had, I found careful use of the vice with the dies gave a much better/stronger fix.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Al

Post by Al »

sean_iow wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:07 am You'll have to help me out with what a Kam Snap is? As google didn't give a definitive answer.

Are they poppers? If they fix in a similar fashion to eyelets then the dies came with the set I bought. The included pliers don't produce enough force with the ones I had, I found careful use of the vice with the dies gave a much better/stronger fix.
Yes - plastic poppers.

I’ve got a set of those eyelet pliers somewhere, which was what made me think I could save a few quid improvising.