Winter Event GR.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

slarge

Re: Winter Event GR.

Post by slarge »

Had Arenig Fawr bothy to myself, which was good as it was wet inside and very tiny. Snow and hail last night around that area....glad I wad inside
psling

Post by psling »

Yep, rode through a good old snowstorm coming over the top of Bwlch-y-Groes this morning after a wet Bivvy near Lake Vyrnwy.
Back now, Dee's excellent toast and cake (lemon drizzle :-bd ) eaten, dried out and warming up in a van full of wet kit.
It was probably a good weekend, I just need a little time to convince myself :lol: :wink:
Thanks Stu and Dee and good to meet up with everyone.
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Thanks again to Dee and Stuart for all of your hard work and organising.
Same time next year.
After WRT
And what about Bearstock 2023 before the midges come out?
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

whitestone wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:50 pm guess which pair of pillocks took the worst and least maintained bridleway in the area :wink: 1km took over an hour :o
Just checked Strava heat map and...

Not a single trace along that BW :shock: :roll: :grin:

I did us down - it was 1.1km in an hour
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
barney

Post by barney »

Many thanks Dee and Stu, another great trip... and bloomin' hell where did that good weather come from Saturday morning!

Also big thanks to Reg for leading our posse and sweet talking the landlord into letting us stay in his garden. :-bd
Wait for me...
RIP

Post by RIP »

barney wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:45 pm Many thanks Dee and Stu, another great trip... and bloomin' hell where did that good weather come from Saturday morning!

Also big thanks to Reg for leading our posse and sweet talking the landlord into letting us stay in his garden. :-bd
Great to ride with you Barney... and enjoyed Barney's Banter too :smile: .

[have kicked off a stories thread round the corner in Trips >>>>>]
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Pickers

Post by Pickers »

Thanks are due from me not only for organising and putting the event on, but also for saving my entire weekend from abject failure. I have probably 10 or twelve front wheels for my various bikes. And every single one of them was at home in the garage when I arrived at llanbrynmair.
Pillock!.
Dee and Stu came to the rescue and lent me not only a front wheel but a complete bike. A quick transfer of gear and we were away. And we had a bloody good weekend as well!
Some of my pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/107347896@N06/sets/

We’re gonna need snacks

#TakeLessBike
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Cheers Stu and Dee,

Had a good time catching up with various people. Had distinctly type 2 Fun riding, but at least I had some shelter overnight. That was hard work, and the rain on Sunday was er challenging... I think I'm keen to do more, not sure yet :grin:
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

What a wonderful event this is. I loved catching up with people I haven't seen for a long time, thanks to Stuart and Dee for making this event happen.

Thanks!
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

every single one of them was at home in the garage when I arrived at llanbrynmair.
I once turned up for a ride with no chain on the bike - I now always ride the bike to the car :lol:
Dr Nick

Post by Dr Nick »

Massive thanks to Stu and Dee for an excellent weekend of a bit riding, lots of taking my bike for a walk, and the consumption of cake, and for providing my semi-wheel-less riding companion Pickers with a bike! :-bd
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

Thanks to Stu and Dee for a lovely weekend. I did not ride much in the last quarter of '22 and struggled towards the end of each day. I made it to Nant Rhys with 6 other 'boners and 3 walkers and had a nice evening around the fire.
It is great having this weekend to look forward too, normally I would look at the forecast and probably stay at home but this gets me out. Great tea, toast and cake and company as always.