Mtb/flat pedals

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Rockbus

Mtb/flat pedals

Post by Rockbus »

I want to get some pedals that have spd cleats one side and flat on other for my gravel bike, any recommendations?
ton

Re: Mtb/flat pedals

Post by ton »

i used some of these for a few years, well the older version, which were perfect. and possibly the best available.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-t8000- ... ing-pedals
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

Look Geo Trekking Clip-in Pedals look pretty good too. I've been running LOOK MTB clipless pedals for a few years, without issue.
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

+1 on Ton's recommendation.
landel

Post by landel »

+1 for Ton's recommendation too, the best of both worlds.
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

I quite like the crank bros double shot I have on my mtb, not quite as nice/easy to clip into as shimano but they've lasted well so far
arkay

Post by arkay »

I have the bog standard Shimano double-sided pedals on my bikepacking bike, I think they are these or at least something very similar (model number has long since worn off). Currently available for a third of the price of the posher Shimano ones above:

https://www.probikekit.co.uk/bicycle-pe ... 20Products

I like having the SPD/flat option although it can be fiddly to get the correct side in a hurry when things are getting nadgery.

Edit - just wiped the dirt off and I can read that they are indeed M324s. I've had them for yonks and they still work fine. If you're not bothered about weight then they do the job just fine.
ootini

Post by ootini »

I used to use Love Mud (Alpkit) Jekyll SPD single sided pedals. Recently I've gone to flats and ditched SPDs altogether.

The Jekylls have been well used, but you're welcome to them for free if you want them ? But, if you want top quality, I'd go with the Shimano T8000s Ton recommended.
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

another +1 for Tons T8000's :-bd