The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Scattamah

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Scattamah »

...and dropped off a spanky green BB tee. Ta Stu...'tis a good 'un.

Greetz

S : )
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Smashing, glad it arrived okay fella ... 'tis a long way :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Belated Xmas present from my parents, 2x WTB resolute in 650/42 flavour.

Gravel looks a bit more off road now (was WTB Byways), hopefully should be a bit more grippy in the mud now

Fitted too, oh how I hate WTB tyres… :roll:
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

... and dropped of some new wider bars for the crosser ... loving the look of them ... Ritchey Comp Venturemax 520mm
Raggedstone

Post by Raggedstone »

With some extremely cheap wheels from Superstar
faustus

Post by faustus »

Ditto. 29er Isotope rims, V6 hubs. Weigh a bit less than advertised, and it has a very buzzy freehub. Superb for the money.
yourguitarhero

Post by yourguitarhero »

with a 20 quid Microshift 10 speed 11-48 tooth cassette.
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mic ... prod204939

Can my Shimano M5120 Deore rear mech (stated max capacity 46t) handle the two extra gnashers? Find out in the next episode!
petemaz

Post by petemaz »

yourguitarhero wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:04 pm with a 20 quid Microshift 10 speed 11-48 tooth cassette.

Can my Shimano M5120 Deore rear mech (stated max capacity 46t) handle the two extra gnashers? Find out in the next episode!
Interested to see how you get on as I'm planning something similar!
godivatrailrider

… and dropped off new tyres for the Croix de Fer 👍
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

and delivered some titanium v-pegs to use with the tarp - hopefully the bright cord attached will make it them easier to find than the skinny ones I've been using (and losing).
benp1

Post by benp1 »

petemaz wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:08 pm
yourguitarhero wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:04 pm with a 20 quid Microshift 10 speed 11-48 tooth cassette.

Interested to see how you get on as I'm planning something similar!
Same here, could do with lower gearing on my 10 speed MTB. I think I have a goatlink fitted already so might work OK as is
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Some crazy GravlR Spatz overshoes[ 1/3 off sale on in a few days according to my e-mail ]for those who want to chance them [ very very roadie though]

Pricey but well reviewed - lets see if it cures my increasingly poor cold feet issues when on the bike.

EDIT: what is the weight of that steel cassette?
Last edited by Lazarus on Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

A set of superstar 29er wheels for 51 quid and a set of 40c nanos for 14
Bargain
ton

Post by ton »

a big box containing a whole shimano xt 3 x 10 groupset.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

and dropped off a Katadyn Be Free which will do double duty as a water filter and extra water storage for camp.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Lazarus wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:43 pm Some crazy GravlR Spatz overshoes[ 1/3 off sale on in a few days according to my e-mail ]for those who want to chance them [ very very roadie though]

Pricey but well reviewed - lets see if it cures my increasingly poor cold feet issues when on the bike.

EDIT: what is the weight of that steel cassette?
Spatz are supposed to be really really good (Matt Page off here and Cycling Weekly used em in some nasty weather and talks highly, as do many others). Look forward to hearing your review/thoughts hopefully Jon. Look ugly though don't they (sorry).
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

I dont think any of the cycle gear I own is actually fashionable or the right look for about town
Matt Page off here and Cycling Weekly used em in some nasty weather and talks highly, as do many others)
Yes read his review and not seen a bad one of them but much more roadie than MTB so expect some longevity issues[possibly].
My two rides so far are the GravelR do what you would expect - keep your feet dry and warm using my summer shoes and warmer than i would have been in proper MTB winter boots - i have a set of lakes and a set of 45nrth jpanther**?? the older model not the -20 rated one
Next day I put everything on wet* - my fault for forgetting to dry it and for 3 hours i was cold but not so bad i wanted to cry [ It was only no and gain i noticed how cold i was and when i got home i was wet

* I dont think they will dry that quickly so not really much use for Bikepacking as next day they wont be that much use and not at all packable.

** they will just go over these so expecting to be toasty in those but yet to try

I seem to have just got seriously cold feet as i get older.
godivatrailrider

Lazarus wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:31 pm I dont think any of the cycle gear I own is actually fashionable or the right look for about town
Matt Page off here and Cycling Weekly used em in some nasty weather and talks highly, as do many others)
Yes read his review and not seen a bad one of them but much more roadie than MTB so expect some longevity issues[possibly].
My two rides so far are the GravelR do what you would expect - keep your feet dry and warm using my summer shoes and warmer than i would have been in proper MTB winter boots - i have a set of lakes and a set of 45nrth jpanther**?? the older model not the -20 rated one
Next day I put everything on wet* - my fault for forgetting to dry it and for 3 hours i was cold but not so bad i wanted to cry [ It was only no and gain i noticed how cold i was and when i got home i was wet

* I dont think they will dry that quickly so not really much use for Bikepacking as next day they wont be that much use and not at all packable.

** they will just go over these so expecting to be toasty in those but yet to try

I seem to have just got seriously cold feet as i get older.
I've found these to be a revelation and I too suffer cold feet ... "DexShell Mens Hytherm PRO Waterproof Breathable Merino Wool Thermal Outdoor Socks" :-bd They keep my feet dry and warm and aren't sweaty bags like some waterproof socks
godivatrailrider

.... and bought Bar tape for the wankerized CDF
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

With a weather station. Now instead of looking outside I can look at a screen to tell me if it's raining :-bd
Plus other stuff obviously to appeal to my weather nerdery. Plus I can now tell people I have my own amnemnometer (or whatever) :grin:
Johnallan

Post by Johnallan »

A couple of patches to chuck in a drawer with the others. Cheers Stu :-bd
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

These actually dropped last week

For the last 20 years or so, I've always wore Gore trousers when out mtbing. Thought I needed a change...
After browsing the interwebs I found a pair of 45NRTH trousers available from 'Bike24.com'. It's a site based in Germany so I was thinking there could be issues with the whole EU stuff.
Anyways I ordered them on 21st December and fair play they arrived on January 6th. Given the fact that it was the holiday period I was pretty chuffed with the service.
I paid something like $131 (and no hidden fees)and the quality a league above the Gore stuff :-bd

Bike24 also have a camping section too but not had that much of a look around yet

Image20230105_174844 by Jeff Price, on Flickr
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 5

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

summittoppler wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:57 am These actually dropped last week

For the last 20 years or so, I've always wore Gore trousers when out mtbing. Thought I needed a change...
After browsing the interwebs I found a pair of 45NRTH trousers available from 'Bike24.com'. It's a site based in Germany so I was thinking there could be issues with the whole EU stuff.
Anyways I ordered them on 21st December and fair play they arrived on January 6th. Given the fact that it was the holiday period I was pretty chuffed with the service.
I paid something like $131 (and no hidden fees)and the quality a league above the Gore stuff :-bd

Bike24 also have a camping section too but not had that much of a look around yet

Image20230105_174844 by Jeff Price, on Flickr
Congrats there Jeff. Gotta love a bit of quality. Hope they're not too warm for the Welsh exotic weather :-bd
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

I wore them last weekend in the wind and rain on the Winter event and they performed fantastically. My Gore trousers are a similar price but as I said, these are on another level :-bd
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 5

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

'Naughty Wind' trousers - what a great name :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way