Bargain Alert Thread

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

PaulB2

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by PaulB2 »

That's a tubeless set of wheels sorted for the mtb, ta.
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

I've been scouring the classifieds for a while for a 2nd hand neoair xlite and they seem to go for 120-140 on eBay.

Saved the arseache and scored one new for 120 post free here -

https://www.elitemountainsupplies.co.uk ... gular-p970
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Just ordered a couple of things from Rutland Cycles:

SKS Speedrockers for £35 - cheapest I've seen them for ages, and I've been looking

BOGOF on Moon lights. I've got a Meteor front and Comet-X rear, and they're pretty good, but I like to have multiple rears as backup, so just bought another two for £15 total.
https://www.rutlandcycling.com/brands/moon
slarge

Post by slarge »

Retiredtester wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:28 pm I've been scouring the classifieds for a while for a 2nd hand neoair xlite and they seem to go for 120-140 on eBay.

That's really annoying as I just bought one from elsewhere for £160. Am using it this weekend though so hope it's cold.....😁
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

:roll: sorry.... I'm usually on the receiving end of that kind of reverse serendipity. Have a good one!
jameso

Post by jameso »

Retiredtester wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:28 pm I've been scouring the classifieds for a while for a 2nd hand neoair xlite and they seem to go for 120-140 on eBay.

Thanks. I have one and it's years old, has so many tiny holes now. Most are fixed but I think it was going down last trip. In case I give up on it this spring I've grabbed a new one at that price. If the current one isn't leaking then I'll post this one up NIB at cost.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I think this version of the NeoAir is being discontinued so you might expect to see a few more cheap ones over time. The new one is the NXT but it's only incremental improvement
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

PaulB2 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:25 am That's a tubeless set of wheels sorted for the mtb, ta.
Or not as the case may be since they've just cancelled my order. Bah humbug.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

SKS Speedrockers for £35 - cheapest I've seen them for ages, and I've been looking
Good spot and purchased, thanks
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

PaulB2 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:49 am
PaulB2 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:25 am That's a tubeless set of wheels sorted for the mtb, ta.
Or not as the case may be since they've just cancelled my order. Bah humbug.
That's annoying .... I've ordered a set of wheels for the crosser £68 delivered, but I'll be pretty annoyed if they cancel my order as I'll been in conversation with 'David' at Superstar making sure they had what I needed... might be worth emailing them on kayako@superstarcomponents.com ....
faustus

Post by faustus »

That's a shame @PaulB2. Mine are arriving shortly so I got lucky, maybe they had a bit of a run with the 75% discount and their stock management didn't keep up... :???:
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

I think it's because I made the mistake of paying through paypal and that didn't clear until this morning - they've only 650b wheels left in boost. Finding a cheap option for a 7 year old bike is proving tricky (100x15 front, 135QR in the back, 650b) which is why I jumped on this offer.
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

Some good bargains in the Pedaled sale ...

https://pedaled.com/eu_en/winter-sale/s ... newsletter
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

they've only 650b wheels left in bo
Boost adapter kits work very well and what I used for the superstar wheels as one bike is boost and one is standard
About £15 from eBay for both ends )
yourguitarhero

Post by yourguitarhero »

There's a bunch of Montane stuff on SportsPursuit: https://www.sportpursuit.com/products?b ... ir=asc&p=7
godivatrailrider

PaulB2 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:00 pm I think it's because I made the mistake of paying through paypal and that didn't clear until this morning - they've only 650b wheels left in boost. Finding a cheap option for a 7 year old bike is proving tricky (100x15 front, 135QR in the back, 650b) which is why I jumped on this offer.
Similar to what I got ... but 29er not 650b for a 2016 Genesis CDF 10 and QR both
godivatrailrider

PaulB2 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:00 pm I think it's because I made the mistake of paying through paypal and that didn't clear until this morning - they've only 650b wheels left in boost. Finding a cheap option for a 7 year old bike is proving tricky (100x15 front, 135QR in the back, 650b) which is why I jumped on this offer.
I'd talk to them ...
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

benp1 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:41 am I think this version of the NeoAir is being discontinued so you might expect to see a few more cheap ones over time. The new one is the NXT but it's only incremental improvement
Slightly lighter, slightly thicker and slightly better insulation than the model I've just bought. Slightly annoying.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Retiredtester wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:47 pm Slightly lighter, slightly thicker and slightly better insulation than the model I've just bought. Slightly annoying.
I spotted there were new versions, I also saw the prices! Over £300 for the long neotherm :o at that price I'll be sticking with my old version.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Speaking of mats, I noticed that Exped appear to have had a re-jig of names and specs. Quite good really as some seem to be simply called R1, R2 etc in relation to their values.
May the bridges you burn light your way
rudedog

Post by rudedog »

Their website doesn't seem to reflect their current stock levels.

I had 2 separate orders cancelled by them 650b non-boost wheels as they were out if stock. Even after they cancelled, I was still able to select both wheelsets and add to the basket for weeks afterwards.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

I haven't bought anything from Superstar in ages but their website and (early?) customer service was sometimes a bit problematic.
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

I got a set of the discounted fuel hubs on coloured 27id rims so did my mate for the 29er, look great tbh and cost us 51 quid a pair with next day delivery bargain, should have bought more lol
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

voodoo_simon wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:43 pm No idea of quality but disco shoes for £25
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-dorica-mtb-shoe-2
They are comfy and great on the bike but the tread is hard plastic. Fine on soft terrain but slippery on hard surfaces. Certainly 25 quids worth.