2023 - Plans, rides and things to look forward to

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

PaulB2

Re: 2023 - Plans, rides and things to look forward to

Post by PaulB2 »

I’ve got the WRT booked with the missus and a tour of the Yorkshire dales pencilled in for September. I’ve also got a marathon to do the weekend before the WRT which will be interesting. After that I’m just hoping to get out on the bike more.
Boab

Post by Boab »

After this years curtailed riding due to the crash, I'm not committing to anything this year, except to try and ride my bike. Yes, I'd like to do the Dales Divide, North York Moors, BB200, Rebellion Way and The East Anglian Way, but first I have to start riding my bike again.

P.S. Bivy a month too...
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Keith74

Post by Keith74 »

Not committing to anything at the moment. Had lots planned for last year but work and life got in the way of most.

Only thing I want from 2023 is to rekindle my love for cycling whether it’s a few days out on the bike or just a local spin.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100086163783548

Stay in the banks of Loch Fyne in Argyll.
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

As mentioned elsewhere, I'm going to attempt to complete an audax SR series and qualify for Paris Brest Paris in August.

Would also like to try BAM with my 14yo autistic son - I imagine this will be significantly harder to achieve than the first goal!

And am planning a 510km round trip of all the fire stations in East and West Sussex in under 24hrs to try and raise a few quid for the firefighter charity.

We'll see.
ootini

Post by ootini »

So I ticked off a few of my '22 ambitions, but not all. Here's the '23 list.
  • Get to my target body weight, and / or body shape.
  • Do the WRT, obviously.
  • Sort my gear out to make it 3-4 season compatible and maybe start BAM.
  • Do more bikepacking with my son.
  • Myself and a couple of other boners plan to do some multiday trips including; The Rebellion Way (Norfolk), 5 Ferries (Arran), TCW.
ootini

Post by ootini »

Leerowe76 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:33 am plotting a route of North Wales castles currently unsure which path to take on this tho mtb or roadie
I've planned something similar to this. Let me know if you want to discuss best options etc.
riderdown

Post by riderdown »

Going for an "adventure a month" strategy

Starting not very adventurous with a January ride of Shaff's north peaks 100

Possibly a separate run at bivy a month as well

Will do BB200, possibly 300 if feeling good
arkay

Post by arkay »

metalheart wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:25 am I started this year with a frozen shoulder (dodgy injection most likely) which made cycling impossible for the first 1/3rd of the year at least (and stopped all mtb for 6 months).
Covid jab? I had a really stiff and painful shoulder early last year which seemed to come on a couple of weeks after the booster (I hadn't had any problems with previous jabs). From googling (always dangerous when it comes to medical stuff!) it seems if the injection is given too high up the arm then it can cause inflammation of the shoulder capsule.
I got a referral for a course of physio which improved the movement greatly but it's still not 100%, though not enough to stop me riding.

Unfortunately much of 2022 was written off by building work taking up all available time and funds, so my 2022 mileage was pitiful.
Goals for 2023: sleep out at least a few times. Do King Alfred's Way. Ride Snowdon. Maybe ride to my parents' in Devon if I can get the time off. Knock off some of the black runs at BPW!
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Winter Event

The WRT - With Molly the dog

In a high pressure spell in May (Scotland's summer week) head to fat bike, wild camp, bothy stop and pack raft in and around Skye and Sutherland

Commute to and from work by bike every day (unless it's raining heavy at my commute time on the way to work, happy to ride home in the rain)

Continue the count down of work days until early retirement - 325 more alarm rings :-bd
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

I'll be parking the bike for a few months after this weekend, doing the TGOC again this May so need to find my hill legs again
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

arkay wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:06 pm Covid jab?
Yup. Nurse giving me my booster last month ‘confirmed’ It. Fortunately nothing presenting from that one :cool:

I had physio too, and no. Still not 100% but nothing to stop me Cycling (well after April/May last year as it was pretty bad).
Give the dirt a little room.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Continue the count down of work days until early retirement - 325 more alarm rings
Stop it you'll go insane. Anyway, 65's quite normal.
May the bridges you burn light your way