Wtd: similar to a tarptent notch but less than the price of a kidney!?

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Wtd: similar to a tarptent notch but less than the price of a kidney!?

Post by redefined_cycles »

After trying/owning a fair few shelters (not as much as most on here) I'd decided on a tartptent notch... When I could afford it I'd told myself. Now that I've loked again it appears they've gone up yet again so I doubt I'll ever be able to afford or justify such expense.

Not sure what to do now but thought to put a wntd ad out anyway. Hoping to be prepared for the upcoming BAM as I've ordered my last badge from a few years ago (maybe 2... still gotta pay - rinder to self).

In a few words...

SMD Lunar Solo - couldn't get the pitch quite right.
Alpkit Ordos (or whatever it was) - inner pitch first, heavy, Alpshit!
Trekkertent Stealth 1 - very nice and satisfying but felt a bit mummified and God help you if you have to put an order in and wait!
Yellow shaped tarp from Stu - wasn't a tent but liked it even though I couldn't quite get the pitch right...
redefined_cycles

Re: Wtd: similar to a tarptent notch but less than the price of a kidney!?

https://www.tarptent.com/product/motrail/#tab-id-2

:???: wonder if all the fees would bring this up to silly money!
SR

Post by SR »

Hi,

I still have not sold my phreeranger tent. Let me know if you would be interested. Best to get me via e-mail sarahreeve100@gmail.com

Cheers
Sarah
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Shaf, check out the offerings from Durston. Another US based cottage tent producer around which there's quite a buzz about the off centre design of their tents which provides loads of head and leg room. The X-Mid 1 is "just" US$240, though you'd be stuck with import duties blah blah blah etc. They look great. You'd also need two poles from somewhere (suggestions appreciated) Honestly, as far as my experience goes, this is a genuinely different take on light yet spacious tenting and I do like it.

https://durstongear.com/product/x-mid-1p

I'm just going outside ...
redefined_cycles

TheBrownDog wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:49 pm Shaf, check out the offerings from Durston. Another US based cottage tent producer around which there's quite a buzz about the off centre design of their tents which provides loads of head and leg room. The X-Mid 1 is "just" US$240, though you'd be stuck with import duties blah blah blah etc. They look great. You'd also need two poles from somewhere (suggestions appreciated) Honestly, as far as my experience goes, this is a genuinely different take on light yet spacious tenting and I do like it.

https://durstongear.com/product/x-mid-1p

Thanks TBD... I'd seen mention of this and DanD on the other forums but the fact that they're not always in stock made me double think it. Plus there's been a few reports of poor workmanship but hopefully that's all just one-offs.

It's showing up at $300 with free ocean shipping. So might well consider it, thanks.
redefined_cycles

SR wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:23 pm Hi,

I still have not sold my phreeranger tent. Let me know if you would be interested. Best to get me via e-mail sarahreeve100@gmail.com

Cheers
Sarah
Hi Sarah. Thanks for this but it's probably a bit beyond my budget for buying used. Lovely tents though and thanks for the kind offer/reminder...
SR

Post by SR »

redefined_cycles wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:48 pm
SR wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:23 pm Hi,

Cheers
Sarah
Hi Sarah. Thanks for this but it's probably a bit beyond my budget for buying used. Lovely tents though and thanks for the kind offer/reminder...
Drop me a mail any way not sure what you budget is. My one is a earlier model I have had it for a few years now.

Sarah