Know anyone who has done this ??

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ton

Know anyone who has done this ??

Post by ton »

anyone know anyone who has done or is doing this ??

https://www.northcape4000.com/
Verena

Re: Know anyone who has done this ??

Post by Verena »

Not going to be much help, but yes, Ryan Davies, or rnrides on Instagram, in 2019, but he seems to have gone off the radar on social media...
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Hi Ton. If you look further down this threadit paints a slightly bleak picture about the event. Not trying to judge it or scare you away but it seems riding through Hungary might be worse that try to road bike around Kieghley.

It's the input fromthe Hungarian person further down that really makes me want to decide against it. Sorry if it sounds scaremongering and all that and I'll remove the post of anyone has a reasonable thought (can't think of a more appropriate word, sorry).

https://www.lfgss.com/conversations/366298/?offset=50
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:48 am

It's the input frothe Hungarian person further down that really makes me want to decide against it.
Well, this Hungarian resident loves riding in Hungary! There are of course problems, like any other country, but on the whole it's OK. So not to derail the thread if anyone is thinking of cycling in (or through) Hungary give me a shout, I can give some general advice and maybe a bit more specific advice about areas I know.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Based on the very rough route map that appears on Tony's link on the original post, the route goes nowhere near Hungary anyway. You'd have to be pretty bad at navigating to end up there between Oslo and Paris!
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

PeterC wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:02 pm

It's the input frothe Hungarian person further down that really makes me want to decide against it.
Well, this Hungarian resident loves riding in Hungary! There are of course problems, like any other country, but on the whole it's OK. So not to derail the thread if anyone is thinking of cycling in (or through) Hungary give me a shout, I can give some general advice and maybe a bit more specific advice about areas I know.
Thanks for that Peter. I'll delete my post if you think it sounds like limited or misinformation from your POV as another resident.. Sounded a bit off putting and hence why I shared it for Tony..
rudedog

Post by rudedog »

redefined_cycles wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:44 pm
PeterC wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:02 pm

Thanks for that Peter. I'll delete my post if you think it sounds like limited or misinformation from your POV as another resident.. Sounded a bit off putting and hence why I shared it for Tony..
The route has changed this year anyway and no longer goes through Hungary