WTD: Rigid steel disc MTB/frameset/frame, large, for commuter

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

thenorthwind

WTD: Rigid steel disc MTB/frameset/frame, large, for commuter

Post by thenorthwind »

I've been browsing various forums and online marketplaces recently in search of a new commuter/pub/town bike or bits thereof, and thought it was worth seeing if anyone on here has something sat in the shed that really needs a new home.

I was tempted to go down the proper retro MTB route, but came to the conclusion that I'm too attached to disc brakes, which basically rules that out. But would like to stick to steel, because. It's a "want" build rather than a "need" so I can spec things without reasons :grin:

I'm 6'1" so probably looking for a 19" frame at the very least
Not really fussed about wheel size, but would like decent clearance for 2" tyres and guards.
Speaking of which, would like to fit full guards and front and rear racks, so need mounts for those.

And being a want, not a need, I can't really spend tooo much money on this... certainly not more than a few hundred quid on the whole thing. Asking much? :lol:

Bikes I've seen that would do the job...
Genesis High Latitude
Surly Karate Monkey
Kona Humuhumu (this is probably the dream answer)

What ya got?
Ben98

Re: WTD: Rigid steel disc MTB/frameset/frame, large, for commuter

Post by Ben98 »

redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Hi Dave. Not sure if an alloy would do ya but I might be able to let go of the Ramin Pinnacle 3+... I'm currently on a mission to raise enough for 10 orphans (Syria/Syrian) with each costing £480 to sponsor for the year. I think 5 children have been spoken for via my mates and the Ramin may aswell fund another 1 or 2.

If you're interested then I could remove bits according to budget. It's a lovely bike with XTR, XT, carbon (rim) and another Kinlin (both built myself onto Hopes). Carbon bars and the extra grip inboard (also carbon).

Dropper post (BrandX) and just all round lovely and beautiful. Let me know and i can grab some pics...
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Ben98 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:45 am https://ridefarr.co.uk/products/farr-at ... 2945030305

How about one of these?
Wow, that's a proper bargain isn't it? Will have a closer look and a think, cheers.
redefined_cycles wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:04 am Hi Dave. Not sure if an alloy would do ya but I might be able to let go of the Ramin Pinnacle 3+... I'm currently on a mission to raise enough for 10 orphans (Syria/Syrian) with each costing £480 to sponsor for the year. I think 5 children have been spoken for via my mates and the Ramin may aswell fund another 1 or 2.

If you're interested then I could remove bits according to budget. It's a lovely bike with XTR, XT, carbon (rim) and another Kinlin (both built myself onto Hopes). Carbon bars and the extra grip inboard (also carbon).

Dropper post (BrandX) and just all round lovely and beautiful. Let me know and i can grab some pics...
I'd love to help you out with that Shaf, but it's not really what I'm looking for. Thanks though.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Not a problem at all... I just thought the opportunity was potentially presenting itself. I'll just have to keep it :grin:
BenS

Post by BenS »

I have a genesis fortitude adventure 19” frame & fork, BUT the seat post is rusted in and my effort to remove it left a stump which will have to be etched out. It’s a job I’m unlikely to ever realistically get round to and would be happy to give away.

Also crankset, Alfine 11 rear wheel, SP dynamo front wheel, mechanical disc brakes but I would want something for them.

Drop me an IM if of any interest
Squirtymcfilthy

Post by Squirtymcfilthy »

Hi, bad form I know but if no interest in frameset I would be very interested as I have one already and have been looking for another for sometime for a different build.The seatpost issue would also keep me quiet for a while during these winter nights. Let me know if you require payment if not I will feed the bear, cheers, Steve
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

Squirtymcfilthy wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:47 pm Hi, bad form I know but if no interest in frameset I would be very interested as I have one already and have been looking for another for sometime for a different build.The seatpost issue would also keep me quiet for a while during these winter nights. Let me know if you require payment if not I will feed the bear, cheers, Steve
Please, if it's going to keep him quiet let him have it :wink: :lol:
javatime

Post by javatime »

PM d you BenS early Saturday Eve.
Squirtymcfilthy

Post by Squirtymcfilthy »

Hi, just seen the last post which seems previous to mine so will withdraw gracefully. Cheers.
BenS

Post by BenS »

IM replied to JavaTime

Squirtymcfilthy will drop you an IM if it doesn’t work out above