The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

L2R24

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by L2R24 »

...left me a Cane Creek eeSilk+ seatpost, for the Silk Road. Thankfully arrived just before had to go for me Covid booster!
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Another seat post clamp. The bolt up one on my full sus just randomly broke! Very strange, must have been stressed but hadn’t been adjusted in absolutely ages. Was fine when I put it away and not when I went to ride it
Johnallan

Post by Johnallan »

Dropped off a rather fetching Outdry in the bright white colourway. It might look pretty grubby very quickly but for £50ish quid delivered, one mustn't grumble.

I suspect there will be plenty opportunity to test it in the coming weeks :smile:
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Johnallan wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:35 pm Dropped off a rather fetching Outdry in the bright white colourway. It might look pretty grubby very quickly but for £50ish quid delivered, one mustn't grumble.

I suspect there will be plenty opportunity to test it in the coming weeks :smile:
In the market for one, do you have the link to where you got it from please?
Johnallan

Post by Johnallan »

JohnClimber wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:14 pm
Johnallan wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:35 pm Dropped off a rather fetching Outdry in the bright white colourway. It might look pretty grubby very quickly but for £50ish quid delivered, one mustn't grumble.

In the market for one, do you have the link to where you got it from please?
It was a link originally shared on here by some kind soul. Only size small and XL left by the looks of things
https://www.bbclothing.co.uk/en-gb/colu ... 01101.html
RIP

Post by RIP »

"15 people viewed this item today ". And all Bearboners too probably :grin: .

Would be appropriate for that Antarctic ride mentioned round the corner......
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

RIP wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:33 pm "15 people viewed this item today ". And all Bearboners too probably :grin: .
BBclothing.co.uk? Well that checks out
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Dropped off some XL bike hooks the other. Means I can fit my 29+ tyre/rim into it, which wouldn't play nicely with normal hooks.

It's the only part I've purchased for my new bike rack. The rest is made some wood from pallets and some bits I had knocking about. Holds 2 bikes (plus spare wheels) and they can slide left and right for access if needed.

Really pleased with it, rock solid and totally removable. Was going to buy a bike rack but couldn't find exactly what I needed for the space I have to keep my most used bikes
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Grrr- double post
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Johnallan wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:35 pm ...the bright white colourway. It might look pretty grubby very quickly...
IME it's very easy to clean.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

The postman arrived with an Amiga 500 and a bowel cancer screening kit today.

Nobody in the world ever will have a delivery with the same items
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
RIP

Post by RIP »

A long thin package from a very nice person somewhere in Wales, meaning henceforth again I'll be able to sleep without my shelter touching my nose. Nanolight(TM) 48g version as well, lovely.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

RIP wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:57 am A long thin package from a very nice person somewhere in Wales, meaning henceforth again I'll be able to sleep without my shelter touching my nose. Nanolight(TM) 48g version as well, lovely.
Congrats Reg (and Dave on the Amiga).
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Starting from last week, OS map and a highlighter…
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

...and dropped off a battered box containing a couple of pedal rebuild kits, pair of Giro DND gloves, KMC chain, 2 Rohloff sprokets, four pairs of brake pads and a rear disc from Bike Discount in Germany. Even after paying the P&P, VAT and "handling fee" it was still cheaper than getting it from 5 different suppliers in the UK.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

...and brought my Cycling UK membership card. I've been meaning to put my money where my mouth is and support some cycling advocacy, and I had to set up a new direct debit to screw some money out of HSBC switching bank accounts, so it seemed appropriate to stick some of that money towards CUK. Win-win.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

A box of BB jerseys which are now packaged up and will be hitting the post office tomorrow.
May the bridges you burn light your way
L2R24

Post by L2R24 »

...with one of these from CRC: https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mob ... prod208955

Fohn Polartec Neoshell waterproof, allegedly made from recycled bits and offcuts....Best bit was I was able to use the CLEAR2020 code so got it for £65. Would say fit is "generous", not active, but at the price i'm not complaining. Looks like they have few left in Medium at the sale price, or £150 for the non-repurposed versions
slarge

Post by slarge »

An Exposure Maxx D - black Friday purchase as it had 35%off. I knew my old (probably 2010) MaxxD's days were numbered when after 20 minutes on high on the BB300 it started flashing and going to low power. The new one is fantastic (bathroom test only as apart from mentioning it here, it's a complete secret from the chief breadwinner)
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Revelate TT bag and gas pump courtesy of the bikester shoutout last week :-bd

Christ, the bag is much bigger than I was expecting, makes my bike look tiny now :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

.... with a rather fetching BBB red/black jersey! Very nice, thanks Stu and Dee.

Now, just got to order the matching duffel coat.....

Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Got mine too. Bearbones Lumberjacks represent! :lol:
Verena

Post by Verena »

First "secret" Christmas present, which accidentally fell into the wrong hands and got opened....oops....
One of those fancy aeros pillows, which had been so warmly recommended to me... until Reg just posted this week that he doesn't like it much... :roll:
Mr Z has now put it away somewhere safe for the big day, which is almost guaranteed to mean that he won't be able to find it, and it'll turn about around May.... :roll:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Verena wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:46 pm First "secret" Christmas present, which accidentally fell into the wrong hands and got opened....oops....
One of those fancy aeros pillows, which had been so warmly recommended to me... until Reg just posted this week that he doesn't like it much... :roll:
Mr Z has now put it away somewhere safe for the big day, which is almost guaranteed to mean that he won't be able to find it, and it'll turn about around May.... :roll:
No no, it's dead good honestly! Plump feather-filled pillow? You won't tell the difference.

Polisherman

Post by Polisherman »

A scary bear shirt! WooHoo!

Cheers Stu.