Aggression from others spoil your ride?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Adventurer

Re: Aggression from others spoil your ride?

Post by Adventurer »

AndreR wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:33 pm
Alexpalacefan wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:42 am C'mon, which pub?
I'm sure many of us will be visiting in the future, and we need to avoid it.

APF
Or on the next WRT the lonely hearts club could swing by and lock 15 bikes to his pole!! :lol:

I tried to secure my bike to one the buildings scaffold poles that was around most of the pub. Obviously his scaffold poles were too tempting to us cyclists, we all like a good bike security pole. Sadly he was not having none of it.

Anyway like I said, I ended up securing my bike to the Cafe drain pipe which was opposite his pub.
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

I occasionaly think I should visit Wales as I haven't been since 1977 when I was 11, but then I read comments like those posted above and I think I might just continue giving it a miss.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

woodsmith wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:36 pm I occasionaly think I should visit Wales as I haven't been since 1977 when I was 11, but then I read comments like those posted above and I think I might just continue giving it a miss.
Really? Any of those situations could happen anywhere and at anytime

I live on the border and so most of my spare time is spent crossing it into Wales and I’ve not once received any form of discrimination for being English (of that I’m aware off!)
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I occasionaly think I should visit Wales as I haven't been since 1977 when I was 11, but then I read comments like those posted above and I think I might just continue giving it a miss.
I think the landlord sounds much more anti-bike than he does anti-English and there's plenty of English that are anti-bike. The Towers is located in a part of Wales that is considered very Welsh. I'm still an 'incomer' after nearly 20 years but also fully integrated and accepted. The topic of holiday cottages can raise a few eyebrows but it does the same in most rural parts of the UK where 'locals' begin to feel that they're getting pushed off the property ladder. There is a nationalistic pride evident but there's certainly no malice with it.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

Yeah, I hope my little tale won't put people off visiting Wales (or Dolgellau), my point was that idiots are idiots and exist irrespective of nationality. It was just the coincidence of the original post happening in Dolgellau that prompted my reply.
Rob S

Post by Rob S »

I must have had 50-60 weekends in Snowdonia over the last 20 years, I've only had one bad incident in that time. That's an acceptable ratio for me.
jameso

Post by jameso »

FWIW I rate Wales as pretty much the friendliest place I've ridden a bike. I keep going back, love it there. Beautiful scenery, friendly chatty people, so much potential for exploring. Moved to where I am now partly to be so close to the Severn Bridge.