Bearbonesnorm

Influencer parody - or is it?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

May the bridges you burn light your way
voodoo_simon

Re: Influencer parody - or is it?

Post by voodoo_simon »

Enjoyed that :-bd

Looked a stunning area, someone should make a proper film there about the secret lake :lol:
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

Where do I apply to get my 3 minutes back? He's not really helping with the stereotype of Germans not being funny.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

To be fair, he made a far better job than I'd have made trying to do something in German :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

woodsmith wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:56 pm Where do I apply to get my 3 minutes back? He's not really helping with the stereotype of Germans not being funny.
This. I'm sure it's racist but it's impossible to be funny and German as Helen and I found out at a Henning Wehn gig
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Having worked for/with Germans for 25 years the humour is very different to British, they think irony is something you do to shirts and self deprecation makes you go blind. The humour is quite slapstick, the more telegraphed the better, hence the popularity of Benny Hill and Mr Bean. Wordplay and subtlety don't feature much either but that's not to say they don't enjoy a good laugh.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

voodoo_simon wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:41 pm Looked a stunning area, someone should make a proper film there about the secret lake
He in fact took the main route up that lump of rock with goes by the name of Piz Umbrail.
In summer months you can make a reservation (or forget about) on one of the couple of post busses that run from the Val Mustair up to the Umbrailpass (and 5 - 10 later) Stilfserjoch. From the Umbrailpass there are two options to ascend Piz Umbrail (summit), the easier one is the direct route he showed in the vid.
Then you have two options to get down to the lake (Lai da Rims). One can be found on the maps, the other is a very loose scree surf West of the mountain path. From the Lai da Rims 99.9 % ride down back to the Val Müstair (every inch easily rideable for a technically advanced rider, even for not so strong riders almost all is rideable) but there's also the harder route up to Piz Praveder and then down the other side to Döss Radond, which, later on rejoins with the well known route.

Also some great riding around/down from Stilfserjoch.
Well worth a visit. I try to go to the Val Müstair at least once a year (4.5 h by train from where I work, a little more from where I live) and even after messing about there for some 22 years I find new jewels or summits I'll never carry my bike up again. Loads of wildlife, some of the wildest valley of the Swiss Alps. Buffalora (close to the Ofenpass) is also one of the coldest places in Switzerland. Well worth a visit. Let me know if you want a guide or some info.
One of my bikepacking route goes over the Piz Umbrail.

1:57 h? 1:30 h to the summit. Ha!
Never was I so slow. I do it in ten! Whilst carrying the bike of my mate who's struggling with the exposure.
:wink: