Seat Pack advice please

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

voodoo_simon

Re: Seat Pack advice please

Post by voodoo_simon »

Shewie wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:35 pm
voodoo_simon wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:30 pm
Shewie wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:00 am Wasn't somebody selling a natty little rack in the classifieds recently?

Some of the smaller "race" packs might fit, thinking Restrap e5c
Do you mean the Restrap rear bag that was linked to eBay? If so I have one and I wouldn’t bither with it, it’s fine for a couple of tubes and a jackets but the product is poor (good quality work(wo)manship) but the design just doesn’t quite seem to work, had to get a voile strap to properly secure it and it needs to be packed carefully otherwise it says when it’s full
Not sure about the ebay one, I didn't see the link sorry

That's good feedback thanks, I've thought about buying one myself a few times
I might even put it into English next time!!

Was meant to say it “sags” and not “ says when full”
Alec

Post by Alec »

I've got an aeroe spider rack and it's absolutely brilliant, it'll fit all my bikes as it just clamps to the seat stays. You can also alter the position and number of cradles so you could easily carry two or even 3 12ish litre dry bags on the back. In fact I liked it so much I've got their front rack too but yet to try it out.
rivers

Post by rivers »

Altura do a 6 litre seat pack that might fit. I use it for commuting, though I have lot more saddle to wheel drop. I'll pop it onto my bike with it full tonight and take some measurement photos
AndreR

Post by AndreR »

Thanks everyone for the feedback and recommendations, we'll be looking at all of those in detail and hopefully trying some out to see if they'll fit! :-bd
If at first you don't succeed you're running about average!

Introverts Unite! We are here, we are uncomfortable and we want to go home.
AndreR

Post by AndreR »

rivers wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:39 am Altura do a 6 litre seat pack that might fit. I use it for commuting, though I have lot more saddle to wheel drop. I'll pop it onto my bike with it full tonight and take some measurement photos
Really appreciate the trouble thank you! :-bd

rivers

Post by rivers »

I haven't forgotten, I just need to upload the photo onto a hosting website. Will do it today
rivers

Post by rivers »

I haven't tightened the straps properly, so can go a bit tighter to the seat post. Another option maybe the topeak backloader in 7 litre

ootini

Post by ootini »

Please buy this before I do.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22390

Thanks
ootini

Post by ootini »

HIJACK ALERT!!!

Sorry to hijack, but this is related...
As you can see from the pictures below, as someone who is "short of arse", I don't have lots of seatpost available. Also, my bikepack.pl seatpack is amazing, but quite chubby and the clearance is a little close for comfort.

I don't want to go down the rack route, as I want to switch between bikes, also its not that extreme an issue. I'd just like a seatpack that's a "bit pointy".
Any thoughts?
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Tapered bag in the wrong way round ???
No idea if it would work
fatbikerbill

Post by fatbikerbill »

https://aeroe.com/ I have no idea if they are any good, but one of the pics shows bags side loaded on the rear.

But personally I'd look at two fork mounted bags, see PX, then a frame bag of sorts, stem cells, and a bar bag. I then use a bum bag such as the cheapy decathlon one if I am overflowing.
AndreR

Post by AndreR »

fatbikerbill wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:46 pm https://aeroe.com/ I have no idea if they are any good, but one of the pics shows bags side loaded on the rear.

But personally I'd look at two fork mounted bags, see PX, then a frame bag of sorts, stem cells, and a bar bag. I then use a bum bag such as the cheapy decathlon one if I am overflowing.
:-bd