Riding on Monday?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Lazarus

Re: Riding on Monday?

Post by Lazarus »

Its unlikely folk out and not watching it are going to say something to you about your decision to go out and not watch it
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

Ridden down to the park with the kids at 11am, more people out than I expected, mainly blokes with their children, like me happy to have a free day off but slightly grumpy that means they have to entertain their kids. :wink:

I just wanted to be able to say to my grandkids "was I f*** sitting in front of the tv on that morning".
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've just returned from 3 hours of wandering about shouting at people for not been at home staring at the telly. #GriefPolice :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

Not yet, probably later. Did take the opportunity of there being nothing but a propaganda pantomome on the TV to give the bike a good clean and a bit of maintenance. Very therapeutic and only slightly spoiled by some tw@t playing the national anthem full blast in the back garden :roll:
jay91

Post by jay91 »

A good ride out this mid morning. The chase was packed more walkers than biker's though
Trying to ride bikes.
Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

Went out for a ride to scout a camping spot for Friday. Last minute change of direction, cycled through a wood and f*cked my derailluer hanger. Now, I'm pretty sub standard at mechanicals and have never had to change a chain to single speed. Never had to break into a chain either. Well, obviously it didn't go well and walked the few miles home. You win, Ma'am. Spent an hour at home and learnt new skills for next time.
Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

I just wanted to be able to say to my grandkids "was I f*** sitting in front of the tv on that morning".
:lol: :lol: =))
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

I was all set to head out this morning but was glued to the TV till 12. Despite most peoples thoughts on here I thought it was a fantastic spectacle of what our armed forces do.
Went to my winter bivvy spot for some more 'reverbishment' work.
It was very quiet out, I felt like I was driving during lockdown!
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 5

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Took the dogs for a long walk first and then did three hours of pit tip figure of eights. One side is 20% and so it gets the knees clicking nicely. Bloomin' boring though.
RIP

Post by RIP »

"Now that we have a king, these sorts of events will all take much longer, since he can only move along the floor one square at a time". :grin:

"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

:YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
trob6

Post by trob6 »

I went for a ride with some friends and we had a picnic, it was very quiet in the morning like lockdown rides as someone said.
Couldn't watch it on the telly as its been bust for a couple of months, it's quite good so I don't think I will get another.
Watched the highlights if that's the phrase?this morning on YouTube, it was extremely impressive as expected it's just I'm not a fan of funerals.
My old mate Stu died in January and he was only 57 which was really crap so watching one of someone I didn't know seemed a bit odd to me.
What's the worst than can happen?
jameso

Post by jameso »

Went for a nice ride on the lanes, was really quiet. Came back around 4 and it was still going on :shock:

Grand occasion by the look of it. All paid for from tax revenue apparently. 200+ heads of state, all the security.. Sometimes looks like this country can find all the money for those who don't need it and almost none for those who do.
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

RIP wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:11 am "Now that we have a king, these sorts of events will all take much longer, since he can only move along the floor one square at a time". :grin:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :-bd :-bd

That’s brilliant, that is. Only you could think of that one.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
Dakkar

Post by Dakkar »

Went out and did a circular route of Kinder, just over 80km. Set off around 9 ish, past lots of runners, cyclists but mostly dogs walking their owners. Got to Edale at Lunch, lots of walkers and the carparks overflowing. Sensible people not sprawled in front of the telly but enjoying the countryside and delaying their own inevitable funeral.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

I didn't ride, spent most of the day sprawled in front of the telly. :cool: It was amazing to watch tbf.

I've spent the 24hrs since then being judgemental of how other people chose to spend their time. :cool:
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

I watched it until about 2pm (whilst building a Lego set*). Had manflu all weekend, so my plan of going out on the Monday fell through. Still, it’s the first royal event i have watched (not bothered with previous weddings/funerals/parties) and I’m not sure of the right words, but it was quite spectacular

*I sound like a ten year old! Was building the Lego Land Rover Defender
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

I went up a couple of hills on the very north western edge of the Lakes (Fellbarrow and Low Fell) in an attempt to avoid the crowds in the more "obvious" bits, since it was heaving at the weekend. Thought I'd managed this, bumping into one other walker on the first summit... Then people started appearing from nowhere.

Drove back to the north east through Cockermouth to avoid Keswick. Wasn't really expecting much to be open, but wasn't prepared for the post-apocolyptic feel of the place. Monday lunchtime and I could have had a nap in the middle of the high street.

Still, traffic was light, probably one of my quicker trips across the A69.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I walked from Dunoon to Dalmally on a route I made up consisting of known trails and other bits.

During the other bits I wished I was at Andy’s house watching the telly. I’ll not be doing that route again
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer