Anyone from Leicestershire?

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Sameer

Anyone from Leicestershire?

Post by Sameer »

Moving to Leicestershire soon, looking for company/riding buddies that might be local.
Rockbus

Re: Anyone from Leicestershire?

Post by Rockbus »

Not far away as in Warwickshire
If you see my thread, you me and Rob form a midlands triangle!
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22313
Sameer

Post by Sameer »

Thanks for getting back, have you done any trips so far? Let me know if you're planning anything
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

I live in Derby and sometimes head to Leicestershire, it is only about 10 miles to the border.
I am probably a bit slow to ride with anyone these days but might be able to suggest a couple of destinations if you are interested
Sameer

Post by Sameer »

Blackhound wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:18 pm I live in Derby and sometimes head to Leicestershire, it is only about 10 miles to the border.
I am probably a bit slow to ride with anyone these days but might be able to suggest a couple of destinations if you are interested
Of course! Any advice/suggestions on routes would be helpful. Maybe even a local meet up if anyone else is up for it.
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

Sameer, I did a couple of rides around Rutland area this summer but usually more up around Bradgate, Beacon Hill and Swithland and some of the NCN routes going through the woods. I have also ridden in the Hicks Lodge/ Measham area up to Conkers. South of Hicks Lodge around an old colliery area (near Heather) there is some new tracks and a lake with a rather nice bird hide overlooking the bird life. A quiet overnight spot.
Feel free to DM me for more info.
I either ride from Derby city or hop on a train as far south as Market Harborough depending on time etc.
Sameer

Post by Sameer »

Blackhound wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:30 am Sameer, I did a couple of rides around Rutland area this summer but usually more up around Bradgate, Beacon Hill and Swithland and some of the NCN routes going through the woods. I have also ridden in the Hicks Lodge/ Measham area up to Conkers. South of Hicks Lodge around an old colliery area (near Heather) there is some new tracks and a lake with a rather nice bird hide overlooking the bird life. A quiet overnight spot.
Feel free to DM me for more info.
I either ride from Derby city or hop on a train as far south as Market Harborough depending on time etc.
I'm actually moving to the Charnwood area, I'll DM once we've moved :-bd
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

Great, I was up on Beacon Hill today