best bearings for a hope BB ?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ton

best bearings for a hope BB ?

Post by ton »

anyone running a hope bb ?
looking for some good quality bearings for my hope bb.

bike has done 8k miles in 14 month. i had a shimano bb52 thing that did 27k miles on a work bike.

should i just buy a new shimano unit ?
ScotRoutes

Re: best bearings for a hope BB ?

Post by ScotRoutes »

I've just replaced the bearings in the Hope BB in my Amazon with a couple of the Enduro bearings from Wych. Took about 5 minutes to do.
ton

Post by ton »

ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Yup. The very same.
Artie Fufkin

Post by Artie Fufkin »

Get yourself down Aire Bearings on Stanningley Road Tony. They do a full range of bike specific bearings. They will sort you out snd are local boys too!
Chrisps

Post by Chrisps »

I presume you can buy them aftermarket, but try to get a hold of the Hope ceramic bearings.

I bought a Hope BB (external Hollowtech II type) with ceramic bearings in 2008. It has been on whatever has been my main bike has been ever since, so 14 years and thousands and thousands of kms. Still going strong. I popped the bearing seals off for the first time ever a few weeks back, because I figured I should probably add more grease. Waste of time. Was still absolutely packed with original grease, so I couldn't fit any more in! Seal back on, bit of grease on the outside of the bearing, dust cap back on and went riding. I guess I look again next decade sometime!
Mike

Post by Mike »

:-bd yeap just used the enduro bearings in mine and wych are just down the road for me use them all the time.