Paragon dropouts UK?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

FLV

Paragon dropouts UK?

Post by FLV »

Hi.
My Google skills are not turning up any sources.

Does anyone know of a stockist of paragon machine works dropouts in the UK?

Shipping cost from the US of A are steep!

Ta.
sean_iow

Re: Paragon dropouts UK?

Post by sean_iow »

When I was converting my Genesis to singlespeed (in 2017) I looked and couldn't find any over here.

Are you trying to get spares for an existing frame or building a new one? In the end I bought a new BB shell from here

https://www.ceeway.com/index.htm

They also sell all sorts of dropouts although they don't have anything similar to the rocker one Paragon sell :sad:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
FLV

Post by FLV »

Just a spare really. I have a 'merican frame with just a SS slider.

I'm struggling with energy levels a bit recently and considered popping gears on it for a bit as I really like riding it.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Ah I see. There must be a friendly American boner on here who you could get to buy it and post it over? The actual shipping cost is usually a fraction of what they want to charge.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

I can do this [ order from US and get them to post it] via relatives but they are away for the next 3 weeks
I think it needs to be under £35 even if a gift - you can get away with stuff at Xmas which is when i generally do it :-bd
survivor

Post by survivor »

Yeah unfortunately these are USA only. I had to get them from there for a custom frame I had built up.
FLV

Post by FLV »

Lazarus wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:10 am I can do this [ order from US and get them to post it] via relatives but they are away for the next 3 weeks
I think it needs to be under £35 even if a gift - you can get away with stuff at Xmas which is when i generally do it :-bd
Very kind offer ta.

I've had the brainwave of asking where I got the frame, so will see if they can help me out for a reasonable cost first.

Cheers
stevenshand

Post by stevenshand »

If you know the part number, drop an email to dean@shandcycles.com Shand used to keep a lot of different Paragon dropout parts in stock. Can't say for sure I know what they have right now but it's worth asking.

Steven
tomwardill

Post by tomwardill »

It's definitely worth dropping an email to Peter at (ceeway.com) as mentioned by Sean.
He keeps a lot of stock that isn't listed, and reguarly orders things in from Paragon, so might be able to add some to an order or something.