Thank you ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Thank you ...

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

... to everyone who came and joined in what felt like genuine festivities at this weekends WRT.

Taylor for manning the Weigh in even though he had to leave on Sat night.

Matt for running the sweepstake and as above, doing so even though he too had to leave on Sat night.

Si and Fi for missing out on the festivities and getting everyone parked in an orderly manner.

John, V, Reg and crew for three days of cat herding with the LHC.

All this years prize sponsors (see T shirt for details) for providing me with an almost legitimate excuse to take the p1ss for a full hour.

Andy for bolstering my belief that 'boners' really are the best people in the world ... despite appearances.

Lastly - a very special thank you to Dee. The list of what she does is too long to write (I'm tired) but let's just say, without her absolutely nothing would happen.

Anyway, as you were and enjoy your evening.

May the bridges you burn light your way
Rob S

Re: Thank you ...

Post by Rob S »

Thanks to you and Dee for putting it on. It was my first WRT and I wasn't disappointed, it was a great atmosphere. Even though I cut my ride short, looking back I loved every minute of it. I hadn't realised how wild that part of Wales is, it was a real eye-opener. Long may the WRT continue.
Chris

Post by Chris »

It truly is a great event you all put on. Looking forward to our third year in 2023.
Such a great community feeling from start to finish!
Also winning a Rab base layer in the raffle was a nice bonus😉
Smcknighty

Post by Smcknighty »

Amazing weekend, I somehow survived and camped both nights despite best efforts to get it done in two days.

Type two fun with bits of type one and of course some type 3 once you start feeling too cocky. Also instills a healthy hatred of hills.

Thanks to all of you for putting it on.
Boab

Post by Boab »

I'm sure I'll post a full blow by blow account of my tech-fail, and clothing idiocy, adventure in a few days time. However, I was stood packing the dishwasher earlier, thinking back to my bottom bracket failure at the October BB200 and how it had totally knocked the wind out of my sails. To the point where getting out for my November BAM was a chore, and COVID in December and getting run down in January, meant I could sack it all in. I was in a proper bad place on Sunday morning, the chips in Aber helped, but it was mostly the tracks leading away from the trail centre into the wild unknown. The whole, I think that's roughly going in the right direction, I'll go along there, the isolation, the big grin, the feeling that I could happily go on for a few more hours yet, finally feeling like I was back doing something I love.

Just wanted to say thanks to both of you; I saw the timetable for the cake baking, nuff said.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

I wouldn’t of missed the weigh in unless it was serious😉.
Gutted to not be riding more than a few hours on Saturday, found some really “interesting” routes that I certainly won’t be using on a loaded bike.

Anyhow, leaving early, it meant I could attend the British judo National championships where my son managed a respectable silver medal. You’d have thought he’d came last the mood he was in afterwards😳.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Thanks Dee and Stu, and all the team. Great weekend as always. :-bd
AndreR

Post by AndreR »

Also a big thanks from me Dee and Stuart, really enjoyed the event as usual and love the tee-shirt!! So nice to meet all the lovely people face to face!! :grin:
If at first you don't succeed you're running about average!

Introverts Unite! We are here, we are uncomfortable and we want to go home.
Pickers

Post by Pickers »

Thanks as well from the Brompton duo of Dr Nick and I.
I think we raised some smiles, and was great to come away with both a raffle prize and some unexpected beer!
Great too to see some new and old faces at BB towers, the lemon drizzle cake was exemplary and much appreciated at the finish.
Some of my pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/107347896@N06/sets/

We’re gonna need snacks

#TakeLessBike
SR

Post by SR »

A big thanks to Stu and Dee and the team from us. Kate enjoyed the vegan cakes very much. Nice to chat to various folks over the weekend. Sarah 😊
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Thank you Stu & Dee for helping to make a lasting memory. One of the many memories was the cake; it was the first time I've touched a cake and thought this even feels delicious.

Thanks to all involved. Was a fantastic weekend. Will be well remembered.
Just a question of time untill I return for another BB event.

Sometimes it is indeed about the people. After loads of solo riding it did me good to experience that once again.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Great to see a bunch of people again. Sadly it's likely to be next WRT before I see many of you for the next time (working for BB200 and possibly away for Winter Event).

Thanks to all involved, especially Dee (not least for the delicious cake!).
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Yes, echo the above. Thanks to Stu+Dee + everyone else who made this happen. Great to be back and see you all. :smile:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Just to reiterate, that really was an excellent T-shirt this year thank you Dee/Stu :-bd . Lovely panda, and some top word play to go with her as well. Sporting it today.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
ootini

Post by ootini »

Thanks to Stu and Dee for arranging and managing the whole event, and to all those who assisted.
It was a great first WRT for me. Can't wait for the next.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Stu, any chance a WRT no show like me can get one of the t-shirts? Bloody love that.
I'm just going outside ...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

What size Tim? There's some left but I'm not sure just what.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

RIP wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:44 am Just to reiterate, that really was an excellent T-shirt this year thank you Dee/Stu :-bd . Lovely panda, and some top word play to go with her as well. Sporting it today.
I think it's definitely in the top two for me.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Thanks Dee and Stuart.

The only downside to the end of the WRT......

Is that it's 51 weeks to wait until the next one.....

Can we have one in August too please? :-bd

Or at least another BearStock please?
survivor

Post by survivor »

My first and hopefully not last WRT.

Loved it..

I'll be back down this year at some point to get to know the area a bit better. Had no clue where I was or where I was going most of the time!