HT parking?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

HT parking?

Post by Mike »

So last time I went up I noticed the big carpark now has signs up... so where are folk parking these days?
fatbikephil

Re: HT parking?

Post by fatbikephil »

Good question Mike, I was wondering this too. At the group start last year Alan organised parking at the empty hotel. Apparently the signs at the former TI centre car park were to discourage campervan parking so can't see that a car parked overnight is a problem.... I was thinking (if I went up there at the weekend, now unlikely) of emailing the diner place and asking. There are bays marked just opposite the shop that is down from the HT start line which don't have any form of signage discouraging non customer parking which made me think these were public.
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

I take it the campsite near the Lower station aren’t letting people leave vehicles there anymore? That was the spot of choice for many back in 2019
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

AlasdairMc wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:44 pm I take it the campsite near the Lower station aren’t letting people leave vehicles there anymore? That was the spot of choice for many back in 2019
Pine Trees will for £5 a day if you stay there one night
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

Parking update: I rang Real Food Cafe, who said the 'usual' car park was managed by TJ's Diner next door (which is the old Tourist Info?). They were pretty sure TJ's would say no if asked. I rang the Green Welly Stop office who reckoned the car park wasn't owned by TJ's and it would be OK to park, so long as it's away from the diner. Google Maps show "TJ's customer parking only. No overnight parking. CCTV in operation"
Green Welly have no long stay, though will allow overnight parking for a night.
By The Way site no longer allow parking, but suggested the Lower Station, which appears to have a few spaces and the website says is free and covered by CCTV. Think I'll go there, but may ring Pine Trees too, though £27 + £5/night parking upsets a tightarse northerner.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

You could park in the turning head at the end of the car park - no signs there.
Also if you wanted to play silly buggers, the signs only suggest the bays adjacent to the grass area are covered by the signage.

Pretty sure the ones on the WHW just down from the start line are public, i.e across from the shop. If I remember I'll drop a line to the council and ask.
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

I see the village hall is sold and to be demolished to build a house. I wonder if the conveyancing search threw up the reality of stinking wheeled tramps passing at all hours in early summer. 😂🤢