Do you ever ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

GregMay

Re: Do you ever ...

Post by GregMay »

Running on very windy days makes me think of Jenn. No idea why, just have an embedded memory usually tagged with the words "shut up and keep running" along with it.

Never fails to make me smile.
Verena

Post by Verena »

TheBrownDog wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:29 pm Mrs McCrindle was rather hot and so was Mr McCrindle. I think they balanced themselves out in terms of the Year 7 girl/boy - fancy your teacher/teacher's spouse ratio ..... that is so totally a thing.

I wasn't so bothered with Mrs McCrindle though, as I was with Lindy Lawson. She was more my age and you couldnt look at her more than a few moments because you'd burn your eyeballs out.
Ooo, teacher crushes, I like it, can we do whose has lasted the longest? I started fancying one of my teachers in 1984, and I still do now, so that's 38 years...been keeping in touch on and off over the years, met up for a coffee two years ago, he's now into his eighties I reckon and I still so would!! Sean Connery has nothing on this one... Never thought much of his wife though...always thought he could have done better :lol:

Slightly bad taste this, as funnily enough I only emailed him yesterday to ask if he fancies another coffee when I visit my folks at Easter, and the reply came back to say yes but he's just started chemo :sad:
Mind you I don't think he'd mind...imagine being a teacher nearing the end of your life, and knowing that one of your students fancied you aged 12, and then for another 38 years after ...
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Verena wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:47 pm
Ooo, teacher crushes, I like it, can we do whose has lasted the longest? I started fancying one of my teachers in 1984, and I still do now, so that's 38 years...been keeping in touch on and off over the years, met up for a coffee two years ago, he's now into his eighties I reckon and I still so would!! Sean Connery has nothing on this one... Never thought much of his wife though...always thought he could have done better :lol:
...imagine being a teacher nearing the end of your life, and knowing that one of your students fancied you aged 12, and then for another 38 years after ...
This sounds dangerously close to the a defination for stalking, :lol:
Now behave, or You'll get marked down in the other Registar :oops:

When I talk to my 'kids' even though they are blossoming into adulthood, I hear my parents voice :roll:
... And we used to say 'We'll never be like you..' .back at them..:lol:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Verena

Post by Verena »

ledburner wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:47 am
...imagine being a teacher nearing the end of your life, and knowing that one of your students fancied you aged 12, and then for another 38 years after ...
I'd like to think so :mrgreen:
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Verena wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:01 pm
ledburner wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:47 am
I'd like to think so :mrgreen:
So you ll get a bad mark on 'The Register', :oops: yes that one not just the teacher register!
it seem I'm repeating myself, like an old droning teacher :oops: :lol:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Every time I handle a rugby ball I think of my form/games teacher Jack Myers, in particular his first rugby lesson. He held aloft this funny shaped ball then hoofed it down the field,
"Right then" he said, "first one who fetches is back wins,if some one else has it and you don’t think they should, then take off them, off you go! "
Predictably it dissolved into small riot, eventually someone survived long enough to return, "that’s pretty much rugby, there’s a few rules, I’ll teach you those as we go along"
Priceless :lol:
He managed to turn a bunch of spotty oikes who had never touched a ball into a really rounded team who were able to take on and beat the toffs of a few private schools where his initial semi violent introduction proved useful :wink:
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark