Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

middleagedmadness

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by middleagedmadness »

It certainly is a cheery Friday , the young lad passes out of basic training today and he’s got a weeks leave before he starts his phase 2 training, so even mrs MAM is in good humour :-bd
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Not been doing much bike packing or even cycling for a over a year since Mrs512 became pregnant and the subsequent arrival of baby512 but this weekend I'm getting back out for a bivvy. 13 miles each way with a pub stop half way is about all my body can handle (a trip to the fat fighters thread may be required) but I'm thoroughly looking forward to it! :-bd
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

That sounds decent Blair :-bd

Tonight’s walk with Mrs-voodoo whilst mini-voodoo got shipped off to Nanny-Voodoos…
Attachments
DCFA1D36-CEAC-4D22-8089-A7C330040231.jpeg
DCFA1D36-CEAC-4D22-8089-A7C330040231.jpeg (77.08 KiB) Viewed 1733 times
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Blair512 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:50 pm Not been doing much bike packing or even cycling for a over a year since Mrs512 became pregnant and the subsequent arrival of baby512 but this weekend I'm getting back out for a bivvy. 13 miles each way with a pub stop half way is about all my body can handle (a trip to the fat fighters thread may be required) but I'm thoroughly looking forward to it! :-bd
Alright Blair, was wondering where you had gone, congrats an awrat. Spring thing?
Cheers
Phil
RIP

Post by RIP »

Cheery Friday? We've only just noticed someone's filched the bloody numbers off our front door! I don't know where I live now!
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

RIP wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:51 pm Cheery Friday? We've only just noticed someone's filched the bloody numbers off our front door! I don't know where I live now!
You are number six!
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Plausible deniability, innit?
Reg? Nah, he lives at number 56. You see 56 on this door?
RIP

Post by RIP »

I've got to go round the whole town now, looking at the same number house on every street to see who's nicked 'em.

"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

ledburner

Post by ledburner »

RIP wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:07 pm I've got to go round the whole town now, looking at the same number house on every street to see who's nicked 'em.

Got that? by concensus, you live at 6 - 6 - 6! :roll: :YMDEVIL:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Ahh the truth about Reg is revealed!
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Touch early.... but this came in the post today

I'm obviously childish as ever time I see it I laugh, and I haven't even opened it yet :lol:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Snigger...
One of those bloody things flooded the cycleway north of Callander. First time I saw it I pulled some of the dam apart to drop the water level and then the next time I went back it had fixed it! Must remember me shotgun next time
UnderTheRadars

Post by UnderTheRadars »

fatbikephil wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:41 pm

I pulled some of the dam apart

Must remember me shotgun next time
:|
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Much as I'd like to see the odd flash of beaver on the ride home :wink: I should open the survey and see what they are proposing. The section of cycle path next to the nature reserve isn't exactly immune from flooding at the moment....

Care is required as there are rivers either side of the cycle path but once flooded you cant see where the path stops and the river starts.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Quick one from me because I'm about to go for the train. Finished work for the last time (well, that job) on Wednesday. Strange but exciting times. Off to get the train to the west coast of Cumbria to ride the classic Woodcock C2C route. A few days on the bike will hopefully help me decompress. Happy Friday and beyond, boners :-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Enjoy Dave :-bd

Me, I'm just cheery because it's not raining again.
May the bridges you burn light your way
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

fatbikephil wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:41 pm Snigger...
One of those bloody things flooded the cycleway north of Callander. First time I saw it I pulled some of the dam apart to drop the water level and then the next time I went back it had fixed it! Must remember me shotgun next time
building houses on flood plains, building cycle paths next to beaver colonies same out come..... :grin: :roll:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Oli.vert

Post by Oli.vert »

Hello, I've not been on here for a while, it's lovely to be back.

I had an interesting email today from a customer who bought a big tandem trike from us for her son's care home at the very other end of the country.
She has a complaint that the care-home staff haven't been able to ride it because the wheels don't turn, which is unlikely but possible.
Sadly I don't have a contact no for anyone at the care-home so we're trying to sort it out with what might as well be a mixture of smoke-signals and chinese-whispers.
She's already talking about a refund but It's very possible that they've forgotten that there's a parking brake.

Fortunately..... it's cheery Friday! :roll: :-bd
psling

Post by psling »

Oli.vert wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:15 pm I had an interesting email today...

Sadly I don't have a contact no for anyone at the care-home so we're trying to sort it out with what might as well be a mixture of smoke-signals and chinese-whispers.
It seems a shame you don't have an email address for them or someone that may have their contact details... :roll: :grin:

Sorry! Good luck and happy Friday :wink: :-bd
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Oli.vert

Post by Oli.vert »

psling wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:13 pm
Oli.vert wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:15 pm I had an interesting email today...

It seems a shame you don't have an email address for them or someone that may have their contact details... :roll: :grin:

Sorry! Good luck and happy Friday :wink: :-bd
Thanks.
I did ask, customer was reticent to share as fully as they might have. Ho hum, have asked again, with reasons explicitly yet diplomatically explained.
Hopefully it'll get sorted without needing to take a trip there just to pump the tyres up or something. If that's what it takes then that's what it takes (and I'm always happy to take a day out on a train - nice ride at the other end too) but I'd be happier not to.

Nearly beer and cheer time!
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Very very cheery! Mum's been getting treatment for cancer and today got the all clear :-bd A few beers tonight methinks but up early tomorrow as I'm off to go up and down hills whilst attached to a pair of planks, in the sunshine! :-bd
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

fatbikephil wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:55 pm Very very cheery! Mum's been getting treatment for cancer and today got the all clear :-bd A few beers tonight methinks but up early tomorrow as I'm off to go up and down hills whilst attached to a pair of planks, in the sunshine! :-bd
I am particularly glad to hear this Phil. Very close to home for me
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Dave Barter wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:39 pm
fatbikephil wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:55 pm Very very cheery! Mum's been getting treatment for cancer and today got the all clear :-bd A few beers tonight methinks but up early tomorrow as I'm off to go up and down hills whilst attached to a pair of planks, in the sunshine! :-bd
I am particularly glad to hear this Phil. Very close to home for me
Cheers Dave, appreciated. Fair to say relief was pouring off me like steam as she told me!
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Today (and yesterday so I'm still OT) I have been polishing the heads of bolts people will never see. Can't explain why that makes me happy but it does. :roll: :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Post by RIP »

Head polishing? Sounds like a euphemism to me.

I'm sure someone on Here will tell me off for posting their coffee but this has to be the most majestic cappucino I've ever seen. Unless it's a hot choc disguised in a coffee cup. Or a knickerbocker glory disguised as a hot choc disguised as a coffee. Anyway, well played that Boner!