Any decent mtb-ing to be had over The Wirral way?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Any decent mtb-ing to be had over The Wirral way?

Post by redefined_cycles »

After having 2 shifts cancelled I'm determined to get a work shift as well as some riding in. Newly booked shift is over at The Wirral (after having made my route already for The Ridgeway but ain't happening) so gonna still try and take my bike and do a little loop in the mornin. Haven't really managed to find anything on OS maps that looks decent enough for going mountain biking. Only need about 10 or 15 miles of quality trails (so I'm not away from the bike for a full fortnight).

Anyone got any suggestions pls or know then ends well. Would rather ride somewhere between home and Wirral so I'm heading generally in a homeward direction. Please, thanks :smile:
The Cumbrian

Re: Any decent mtb-ing to be had over The Wirral way?

Post by The Cumbrian »

There is some nice off road cycling near Frodsham if you're heading that way. I wouldn't call it mountain biking, but I do an enjoyable 15ish mile loop that includes bridleways, towpaths, country lanes, a decent climb and a very enjoyable downhill.
“I want to see the wild country again before I die, and the Mountains..."
Bilbo Baggins.
redefined_cycles

Oh yes. Looks like Frodsham is coming back on myself so will work for me and 15 miler without too much tough trails sounds just about right for my recovering knee (best whack some kinesis tape on it just now).

Got a gpx or maybe something in your strava. I think I can convert it with a couple of clicks via strava, ta :-bd
ootini

Post by ootini »

Take a look at Delamere Forest too.
Further out of your way, but North East Wales isn't too far from the Wirral.
redefined_cycles

ootini wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:40 pm Take a look at Delamere Forest too.
True but I'll have finished the night shift so enroute home with a cheeky little ride :smile:

I will remember delamere though for next time ta :-bd
The Cumbrian

Post by The Cumbrian »

<iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='https://www.strava.com/activities/64564 ... '></iframe>

Does that work?
“I want to see the wild country again before I die, and the Mountains..."
Bilbo Baggins.
redefined_cycles

The Cumbrian wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:05 pm <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='https://www.strava.com/activities/64564 ... '></iframe>

Does that work?
Doesn't but thanks for trying. Gonna go without the bike (short on time at departure time) but will explore the paths/BWs around Frodsham for tomorrow or next time. Might get the OS map and running shoes out even :smile:
redefined_cycles

ootini wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:40 pm Take a look at Delamere Forest too.
Just took a look at Delamere too. That also works well for the wirral from me. Ta muchly...
barney

Post by barney »

Hi Shaf,

I'm Wirral based, when are you here? Happy to either send over a couple of GPXs or guided ride.

Cheers
Wait for me...
redefined_cycles

barney wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:33 pm Hi Shaf,

I'm Wirral based, when are you here? Happy to either send over a couple of GPXs or guided ride.

Cheers
Excellent thanks Barney. I'm here now but no bike. Might have some more shifts but they're all last minute so most likely won't able to coordinate a ride (but we could still try and I shall let you know... it'll be an early morning after a night shift finish at 0800).

Gpx files greatly appreciated. Will hopefully go for a little run around Delamere in the morning to work on my heart health and cos I have my running shoes :smile: