Alpkit Stem Cell XL or similar…

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

godivatrailrider

Alpkit Stem Cell XL or similar…

Post by godivatrailrider »

Got the bike from the shed and discovered mice have gnawed the top of the Stem Cell XL I have permanently installed … my own fault .. there was the remnants of a bag of trail mix in the bottom 😔 … anyway I think it’s fubar’d.
I carry my MSR Ti mug/ cooking pot in it when Bikepacking and that’s nearly 12cm in diameter so a replacement needs to be at least 12cm across.
Alpkit have changed the design of the Stem Cell since I bought mine . I’m sure the new one would be fine. The dimensions on the website are unclear with an odd +7cm in both directions 🤷🏼‍♂️
Dimensions Regular XL
Capacity 1.8 l 3 l
Height (back + extension tube) 21 + 7 cm 25 + 7 cm
Diameter (top - bag tapers in at the bottom) 15 + 7 cm 21 + 7 cm
Any other suggestions? Other than don’t leave trail mix in your bike bags….
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Alpkit Stem Cell XL or similar…

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I was going to suggest this but having just thrown a tape across one, i think it'll be tight.

https://www.bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/ ... ottle-bag/
May the bridges you burn light your way
godivatrailrider

Says 100mm diameter so probably a no go . ☹️
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Says 100mm diameter so probably a no go .
They are wider in real life but I reckon 120mm will be a push - quite literally.
May the bridges you burn light your way
u02sgb

Post by u02sgb »

I know it's not the classifieds but I've got an old one I've used once somewhere. Was too big for me and kept bashing my knees.
godivatrailrider

Pm sent :smile:
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

godivatrailrider wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:45 pm Got the bike from the shed and discovered mice have gnawed the top of the Stem Cell XL I have permanently installed … my own fault .. there was the remnants of a bag of trail mix in the bottom 😔 … anyway I think it’s fubar’d.
I carry my MSR Ti mug/ cooking pot in it when Bikepacking and that’s nearly 12cm in diameter so a replacement needs to be at least 12cm across.
Alpkit have changed the design of the Stem Cell since I bought mine . I’m sure the new one would be fine. The dimensions on the website are unclear with an odd +7cm in both directions 🤷🏼‍♂️
Dimensions Regular XL
Capacity 1.8 l 3 l
Post me an picture for to assess. It it's salvageable, post to me the gnawed on, I patch & Repair. just pay postage & feed the bear. shame to bin it. :grin: :wink: .
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
godivatrailrider

ledburner wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:29 pm
godivatrailrider wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:45 pm Got the bike from the shed and discovered mice have gnawed the top of the Stem Cell XL I have permanently installed … my own fault .. there was the remnants of a bag of trail mix in the bottom 😔 … anyway I think it’s fubar’d.
Dimensions Regular XL
Capacity 1.8 l 3 l
Post me an picture for to assess. It it's salvageable, post to me the gnawed on, I patch & Repair. just pay postage & feed the bear. shame to bin it. :grin: :wink: .
Will do ... I think the main issue will be the size of the aperture once closed.
I have now organised a replacement XL ( cheers Stu! :-bd ) ... but if you fancy a challenge .... :wink: I'll send a picture