Slugs

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Verena

Slugs

Post by Verena »

Ok, snails to be precise:

Just to prove that I wasn't lying when I said that slugs on your face are good for you:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/130146078@N08/A98z52

So now you can just bypass the whole bikepacking effort and get the same effect sleeping yer bed and putting on a face mask
ledburner

Re: Slugs

Post by ledburner »

but snailsnot the same as slug snot or are they?
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
RIP

Post by RIP »

ledburner wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:05 pm but snailsnot the same as slug snot or are they?

Point Of Order Mr Chairman: 'Snot' = 'nasal mucus'. Neither snails nor slugs produce snot because neither possess noses. A snail smells through its skin and a slug smells using tentacles.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
RIP

Post by RIP »

How much does that stuff cost then? Looking closely at the packet, the contents weigh 2 grammes!
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

RIP

Post by RIP »

Right, well I've found some for £2.49. So that's, erm, let's see....

£1250/kg!!!

That's rather a lot even for the promise of 'regeneration' whatever that means.

No, I'll stick to camping out in the woods and just wait for a snail to clamber onto my nose, as they always do, and enjoy an application for free thank you.

Bivvying as a beauty treatment who'da thunk it?

ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Beauty Sleep
RIP

Post by RIP »

On further inspection, it looks like a two stage procedure as well. There's no point applying the 'snail enriched mask' until you've squirted the 'regenerative serum' on first from the top part of the packet. What's regenerative serum when it's at home then?

I know I'm a bit too trusting at the best of times but even I've finally come to the conclusion that this stuff is patently A Load Of Old Bollocks And Mumbo-Jumbo.

RIP

Post by RIP »

I'm getting really into this. Next up we have 'The Regenerating Serum' by 'La Mer'. It's an absolute steal (*) at only £295 for 30ml. That's a trifling £9833.30 per kg! How on earth do they manage it for the price? Actually, it's almost as expensive as some of those 'luxury bikepacking events' that crop up from time to time.

(*) from the punter

Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

I recall reading about a bloke who swallowed a slug for a drunken dare, he died a few months later from brain issues caused by a parasite in the slug.

As for snails, my old house in Herts had it's fair share of Roman snails. They're the big edible bastards. Worst thing was being outside on wet night and stepping on one.
Verena

Post by Verena »

Pirahna wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:31 pm I recall reading about a bloke who swallowed a slug for a drunken dare, he died a few months later from brain issues caused by a parasite in the slug.
:shock:
Verena

Post by Verena »

How about a scientific experiment:

My face

a) "normal" :mrgreen:
b) after said regenerative two stage mumbo jumbo 79p miracle "treatment"
c) after a night in a bivvy? ( Even I am usually surprised how many years a night out makes me age 😂)
RIP

Post by RIP »

Excellent! You could try five or six 'therapies' then jumble all the 'after' photos up and we have to work out which is which :smile: .

Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Verena wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:24 pm
Pirahna wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:31 pm I recall reading about a bloke who swallowed a slug for a drunken dare, he died a few months later from brain issues caused by a parasite in the slug.
Found it, its called Rat Lungworm. My memory was a bit off on some of the detail, the story I read was from Australia but the parasite is on its way to the UK.

The story:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

If you get it:
https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectiou ... -worm.aspx

More:
https://bpca.org.uk/News-and-Blog/rat-l ... -to-europe

Is it already here?:
https://www.countryfile.com/countryfile ... 20Scotland.
Verena

Post by Verena »

And for some light bedtime reading, I found this, as the question of whether slug and snail slime are same or different just didn't leave me alone.... fascinating...
http://www.worldwidewounds.com/2013/Jul ... homas.html
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Pirahna wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:35 pm
Verena wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:24 pm
Found it, its called Rat Lungworm. My memory was a bit off on some of the detail, the story I read was from Australia but the parasite is on its way to the UK.
[...]
How could it not be Autralia.
They even have poisonous trees and the Bunya Pine with cones so big and heavy...

Oh... and drop bears of course.
All our cute creatures are vicious, venomous beasts over there. At least all of them.