WE 2022

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

RIP

WE 2022

Post by RIP »

Don't seem to have one yet so may as well as get the ball rolling with a thread for anyone who has a few moments to tell us their slightly longer tales of skill and daring from the Winter Event 2022....

An uneventful train journey dumped me at Caersws last Friday, for the 90 minute ride to Staylittle. A refreshment stop at Trefeglwys meant I could pop in to a potential bivvy spot I’ve seen a few times, and this time they’d made a few improvements so I stayed a bit longer to relax on the wrecked sofa and watch an episode of Blankety Blank [Screen]…

After a bit of loin-girding it was up and over from Llawryglyn to Staylittle. The time I can’t get up this particular nasty hill without stopping is the time to pack it all in I reckon. Just made it, to be greeted by a dusting of snow on the tops, the only snow of the weekend for me even though not the highest location.

Had arranged to meet Verena at Staylittle Stores for a brew but unfortunately Circumstances meant that Nick wasn’t doing drinks at the moment :sad: . We had to content ourselves with various other comestibles and I took the opportunity to buy a new ride mascot – Myfanwy the red dragon. Verena was staying the night at Hafren Bunkhouse so I cheekily followed her on my bike on an unplanned diversion to blag a brew there instead. Sarah and Darren were very welcoming and brews flowed, and this also helped to while away the time until the Wynnstay opened at 7pm. I’d intended to ride down the hill but Verena kindly offered me a lift in her snazzy electric car. A very pleasant evening was passed with various illuminati including Our Dave, Chickenlegs, Les, Allen, Trep, Bearlegged, Ben, Sam, JC and many others. There was a great atmosphere, with lots of banter and p1ss-taking, and I commented that it was just like being one big eccentric family gathering. What a great bunch. Andy Roobell7 rolled up at midnight for a last minute booking so we were the last out of the bar at 1am, oops. Pauline was great, she soon got the measure of us, although I had to remind her several times that I was quite happy to actually pay for all my drinks, food and bed as she kept forgetting :smile: .

Next morning Andy joined Bearlegged, FrogAtTheFarriers and myself on our trip to see the Northern Lights. It was interesting to see Andy’s singlespeed fat bike and watch how it performed compared to our more standard machinery – more than capably as it turned out! Off we went up the lane north from Llanbrynmair into the pouring rain and wind, but deciding this was far too easy we took a right up the side valley of the Afon Cwm to climb 1000’ onto the remote moor above.

Keen students of 1960’s children’s television programmes will understand the pun behind this photograph, albeit slightly inverted…..

The ford at Clegyrnant farm was running very high so we wimped out and used the bridge instead, followed by the long climb up to and past the remotely situated Llyn Gwyddior. The climb continues up to 500 metres where the temperature dropped close to freezing, but at least the reward is a massive drop down the fire roads to the A458.

We were keen to cross the A458 to explore up the Afon Clywedog. No, not that Afon Clywedog. Or that one. This one is one of the shortest rivers in Wales, but very remote with no roads or habitation along it. It also has a lot of four-letter words beginning with F. Yes, Fords. By the end of this stretch, other four letter F words had come into play due the previous heavy rain. Still, the views were sensational.

We were just in time to enjoy a pleasant late lunch at the Caffi’r Hen Siop in Dinas Mawddwy, where the proprietress made us feel very welcome, so much so that we stayed for a good hour or so before setting off into the murk. Turning right at Aberangell we slogged over the hill through the forest to Aberllefenni, with consecutive 20% inclines turning into a bit of a groundhog day situation. Still, at least we had the pub to look forward to. Which turned out to serve excellent food, but unfortunately as Polly in Fawlty Towers said on Gourmet Night: the smile costs extra. Time to bail out to the original choice of, now food-less, boozer down the road where the difference was striking – pleased to see us again after a couple of years, fire lit specially, and the local contingent of young children shipped in to provide a general air of happy mayhem. This alteration of venue caused us to switch from the football pitch bivvy spot to the village green instead. There are a number of old offices nearby which have always been locked on previous visits so we ignored those. Until, er, after we’d pitched our shelters at which point Bearlegged found an unlocked one so we de-pitched and retired to the drier conditions inside!

Setting off next morning, what I thought had been a “chain off” situation between the pub and the spot turned out to be a “rear hub pawl springs broken” situation instead! Arg! I tried to cabletie the cassette to the spokes so that I could limp down to Mach as a “fixie” and hope to repair it properly there, but after pedalling for a while someone asked how it was going and that subconsciously caused me to stop pedalling thereby trashing all the cableties and back to square one. Sigh. Lu had the clever idea of just bouncing the bike up and down a bit to free the pawls and that actually worked for a while. But not for long so Andy kindly assisted with taking the mess apart to show that yes in fact the springs had completely disintegrated. I decided to try and freewheel all the way to Mach which was fine until the road flattened out, at which point I noticed an old telly by the side of the road from which we raided the cable to make a rudimentary tow rope! Andy pulled me along for a fair way, but it gradually dawned on me that strangely I was actually able to pedal again, which Lu put down to the grease having warmed up and freed things up.

I was almost on the point of calling Mach Taxis for an emergency extraction but luckily the garage supplied me with some WD40, and Andy and myself cleaned everything out and by some miracle the old girl kept going for the rest of the weekend without any bother at all and indeed without any pawl springs which goes to show something or other.

Sadly Caffi Maengwyn was closed, but Bearlegged discovered the White Lion offered an equally good breakfast which set us up for the ride along the back road to Cemmes Road and the bridleway onwards to Commins Coch, where we finally ticked off our one and only grid reference!

From here we were thinking of taking the scenic route south and up and over Mynydd Ty’r Sais and dropping down into LBM that way, but Bearlegged proffered the left-of-field alternative north over Moel Eiddew. Despite being a slight deathmarch it was an unusual way to get “home” and well worth trying, with far-reaching views. Not a popular route by the look of it but we did spot some tyre tracks – any of us lot?

Thank you Bear, Frog and Roo for a fantastically convivial and relaxed weekend of unparalleled biking! :-bd

As ever, we vied with Peter S and Kev to be the last riders to get out of Stu and Dee’s hair at the community centre, and so ended another fantastic weekend. Relating the proceedings to one’s “normal” mates afterwards almost always elicits the question “why?”, to which there is no answer of course!
Last edited by RIP on Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Teaman

Re: WE 2022

Post by Teaman »

Quite an adventure then 💪😁
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

although I had to remind her several times that I was quite happy to actually pay for all my drinks, food and bed as she kept forgetting :smile: .
Maybe she assumed you were the entertainment?
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Post by RIP »

:-P
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

RIP

Post by RIP »

Teaman wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:39 pm Quite an adventure then 💪😁
:smile: . I think our combined ages were not far short of 250 so it was certainly a good test of pacemakers, incontinence pads, hearing aids (*), and hip replacements...

I'm told by people who know about these things that we managed 55 miles and 7000' of climb which surprised me. Maybe I misheard or got the decimal points wrong.

(*) Actually, I vaguely remember a semi-inebriated discussion about how all of us were a bit deaf in the same ear whereupon I suggested we all sat in a circle facing clockwise so that we could at least all hear one other person talking even if it meant four different 'conversations'. I may be wrong on this one :smile: .

summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

Here's a few pics and very short film from my weekend. I can't explain as to where we went as I don't have a clue! I'm sure one of them will be along shortly to explain where we rode...
A big thanks to all 8 other riders of our clan of boners which saw a wide range of different bikes to tackle the wet sodden ground which in turn, evolved into a fantastic weekend of riding bikes, walking with bikes and having a great location for a night out of the weather.
A big thanks to Stu and Dee for giving up their time for us.

1 minute film: (click to play)
ImageBearbones Welsh Winter Bivvy 2022 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

I was in 2 minds to ride the Mukluk after huffing and puffing in the summer on the WRT but was so glad I did ride it as it seemed to love going up the wet trails!
Image20220108_140818-01 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Image20220108_115410-01 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Image20220108_115142-01 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Image20220108_141704-01 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Image20220108_121111-01 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Image20220108_121135-01 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Image20220108_160655-01 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Looking across to the Mountain Road at around 4:30pm Saturday
Image20220108_161916-01 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Image20220108_181031 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Thanks go out to JC...
Image20220108_224606 by Jeff Price, on Flickr
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 3

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Some cracking pics there Jeff :-bd
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:49 pm Some cracking pics there Jeff :-bd
Cheers
:-bd

Instagram:

YouTube:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

You wouldn't have high res versions of (from the top) 2,3, 4 and 5 I could have would you Jeff?... I can only promise fame, not fortune.
Boab

Post by Boab »

some cracking photos, I especially like the one of everyone strung out over the grassy hillside.
I've got to ask about the accommodation. Is that there for anyone to pitch up and use, or did it require a bit of negotiation...?

Also, where is this please...?
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Is that there for anyone to pitch up and use, or did it require a bit of negotiation...
It's a private retreat. John whispers into the owners ear from time to time and hands him money.
where is this please...?
The climb (or descent to) from The Towers out through the forest.
Boab

Post by Boab »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:33 pm
Is that there for anyone to pitch up and use, or did it require a bit of negotiation...
It's a private retreat. John whispers into the owners ear from time to time and hands him money.
I thought that might be the case...
Bearbonesnorm wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:33 pm
where is this please...?
The climb (or descent to) from The Towers out through the forest.
I saw that photo and my first thought was that I have to find out where it is so I can go and ride it. Now I find out it was on my planned route... 😭
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

Boab wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:23 pm Also, where is this please...?
Cheers, the pic is at approx SN 86023 97414

Instagram:

YouTube:
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Riding with Jeff, Sam, Mike, Allen, Les, Verina, Ben and Alec, we had a ball.

Many more smiles than miles, we faffed and faffed leaving around 11am as the rain started to subside and off we went, off towards Mach.

But realising the full route loop that we had planned would be impossible if we wanted to get to ours planned stop for the night.
As we'd all packed light for a guaranteed indoor overnighter we didn't have the gear on us to get caught out out in the wilds, so with the late start and slow progress we chose to cut the route short and headed across many bridleways that although on the map were not on the ground.

Some very off camber fields

Farm stand off's

Lazy lanes

Churches with no water tap

Plenty of "undulations"

As the evening drew in the group split with Mike, Ben and Allen heading off for supplies that the rest of us carried on with more bog pushing on a more direct route.

The evening was brilliant with fantastic company, and the worst leg cramps I've ever had, mainly because the last of pushing a ladened bike over wet fields practice and zero salts

The morning can with hail showers and delaying from all of us mainly to avoid the last big climb on the way back to the start and to take the easier lanes option back tot tea and cake.
Faffing and exploring

Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Thanks for the great company 😊😊

[/img][/url]IMG_20220108_193647-01 by Escape Goat, on Flickr

frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

Reg has done such a good job of describing our ride that there's little I can add, but I'm sure he must have had a little fun with Photoshop in this photo - my belly's not that big, I'm sure. :o :cry: :grin:

That shed was such a lucky find on a pretty miserable night. As lodgings go, it doesn't compare with JC's luxury accommodation but the unexpectedness of it adds so much to the experience.

Here's a better picture of my steak & ale pie at the Slaters pub.

Now I do like a pie, and this was a very tasty pie, but I have to say it's not what I would call a pie. It's just a stew-with-a-hat-on. A "true" pie has shortcrust pastry all around - top, bottom and sides and not just a bit of flaky on the top. But as I say, it was a tasty stew and served with real chips not frozen, as pubs seem to do a lot.

I was a little embarrassed to always be at the end of our line, but at least I didn't have to have a little lie down on the way back. Here's Reg, in bed with Myfanwi. Shocking!

After the last bit of mud-plugging over the shoulders of Moel Eiddew I was about on my last legs so was very glad to roll down the lane back to LBM and tea and toast.

My thanks to Reg, Bearlegged and Roobell7 for letting me come along for the ride - it was a hoot, even the mud & pushing.

Great thanks too, to Stu and Dee for taking the time to organise this for us to enjoy. :-bd :-bd :-bd
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
RIP

Post by RIP »

That "pie" top looks a brain that's popped out of somebody's head onto your dinner!

TrepidExplorer

Post by TrepidExplorer »

Solo ride details here https://trepidexplorer.blogspot.com/202 ... alley.html

None of your cosy building nonsense for me. Had a great weekend out with the elements.

If anyone thinks that might have been me they saw on Foel Fadian, the first photo is worth a click in the blog.

Trepid Explorer: Warmth with less bulk
RIP

Post by RIP »

Literally vaguely exciting as ever. The public toilets sketch a particular highlight :smile: .

Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

I spent the preceding week worrying about two things; the weather, and the likelihood of Trep wanting to ride a looooong way. As we headed to Llanbrynmair via the OK Diner and Cannock's bid to be home to the first Holiday Inn in space, neither of these things looked like improving. Saturday's forecast still looked rather wet, and after lots of poring over maps, I'd whittled Trep's initial 200-and-something km down to 156, but still felt this would be a bit much for my legs.

We rocked up late in the evening to the Wynnstay Arms, to find a sizeable collection of Boners already installed in the bar. Having failed to sufficiently observe the "Mind your head" signs, I settled down to recover with a pint or three, plus a couple of paper maps and some rather good ideas from Reg. These included little in the way of grid references, a couple of cafés, and a pub. I threw my lot in with Reg, Lu and Roo, and agreed to leave Trep to her independent devices.

The rain rattled against the frail window panes as we ate our breakfast. Things were not looking any drier, and any planned displays of enthusiasm and earlyish starts trickled down the drain. At the school, I put more energy into swigging tea than I did putting bags on my bike, but was eventually cajoled out into the elements a little after 10.30am. This seemed to coincide with the tail end of the morning's cloudbursts, and we pedalled northwards with the wind at our backs. The first few km were fairly flat, and three of our group settled into a feeling of relief that Roo's single speed fat bike should ensure he didn't disappear into the distance as the rest of us engaged bimble speed.
We neared the first of the ten available grid references, but in what would become the first of many contrarian navigational decisions, we swung off the main road and up another valley instead. The lane twisted its way gently upward, mimicking the curves of the river that frolicked alongside. As the taac ran out, we were faced with our first ford of the day, and a river in spate. Thankfully, we were also faced with the option of a footbridge, and we all made it to the other side without being swept away or even getting wet feet.

Now the gradient kicked up a little as we approached the head of the valley. Layers were shed, and Roo's single "I can't go any slower" speed saw him disappear up the track. Thankfully, our route wasn't available as a gpx, existing mainly in Reg's head, and communicated through the medium of paper maps. As a result, Roo had to wait at each junction, allowing the rest of us to reel him back in. Once at the top, we admired the first big views of the trip, and enjoyed the bag of crisps that Roo had picked up by way of leaving a positive trace.
Progress through the forest was (by our standards) quick, and we were soon zipping downhill in search of our next Pleasant Valley. Reaching it required enduring a bit of A-road, but we soon peeled off and winched up a farm track that swiftly left any traffic noise behind. We passed a farmer, off out to plant some saplings. Reg did admirably to resist joining in.

This valley was an absolute gem. The off-road started with the first proper ford of the ride, and as Reg mentioned upthread, there were a number of other four letter words beginning with F. A large number of these were from me, but in a complimentary tone; abso-fucking-lutely beautiful, fucking marvelous, fuck me this is brilliant. So good.

From here, to (a late) lunch. We rolled into Dinas Mawddwy and piled into Caffi'r Hen Siop, a lovely café/craft shop that offers more varieties of soup than you could reasonably wish for, Welsh rarebit, and (should you be suffering from the cold) even hand-knitted hats and scarves.

The next leg required us to make it through the Dyfi Forest. Here we had some options, roads or forest tracks. The latter might have made for a more aesthetic experience, but as it was now dark, we opted for the direct and tarmaced route. This turned out to be something of a struggle, with road signs repeatedly informing us of 20% gradients, and an unsuitability for HGVs. I'll admit I could probably shed a few kilos, but it's not that bad! After much grovelling at the pedals, pushing, and staring up the road in hope of a glimpse of Roo's tail light, we eventually crested the divide into the next valley, and sped our way to a hot dinner.

A curate's egg later, we found ourselves a.little further down the road, talking holiday homes and lets with the locals. Keen not to add to the local housing debate, we headed for the "village green", where tarps and a tent were pitched… almost. An unshackled hasp was flipped, a hospitable door swung open, and the Three Musketeers headed for cover. D'Artagnan had already pitched his tent, so stayed out to make the most of it. In a rare display of restraint, I'd left my whisky bottle behind, (correctly) anticipating that an evening in the pub would provide sufficient refreshment. As we settled into our sleeping bags, Lu mentioned it would be a shame if he were to carry his flask the whole trip without it seeing some action. Slàinte Mhath, I guess…

In the morning, a number of priorities vied for attention: water (Roo), getting packed and heading for second breakfast (Reg, Lu), and staying in my sleeping bag (me). Eventually, I was persuaded out of my cocoon, and we rolled down the first descent of the day. It was swiftly followed by the first ascent of the day, at which point Reg's pedalling failed to result in propulsion. Hmm. Roadside inspection of the freehub showed a distinct lack of pawl springs. An initial bodge of cable tying the cassette to the spokes rigged up a fixed wheel that was surprisingly effective right up until the point that Reg stopped pedalling. From there, a combination of scooting, pushing and towing saw us down the valley to Mach. A brief stint of A-road was more than made up for by 1) the giggles of watching Roo and Reg joined by an impromptu tow rope, and 2) the deep slate blue of the Afon Dulas crashing alongside us.

The first café stop was kiboshed, the Maengwyn Café being unexpectedly closed. We later learned from Pauline at the Wynnstay that the owner had reduced her opening hours after the death of her husband last year. A sad bit of news, and also a reminder of how our lives intertwine with those of the communities we pass through, no matter how briefly.

Thankfully a back up option was found. If last night's hostelry was a curate's egg, the welcome at the White Lion was more of a Fabergé. A very cheery chef confirmed toe that they were open and serving food, and an equally cordial landlady welcomed the four of us in for a slap-up breakfast (the saga of Reg's toast and marmalade notwithstanding).
Suitably refuelled, and with Reg's freehub feeling better for a good dousing in WD-40, we headed up the Dyfi valley.
The next few km definitely clocked up a few more eccentricity points, with some shepherding, a bit of kit testing (comfiest sleeping mat ever), and a railway crossing.

They also saw us tick off a grid reference!

From here, we had a choice of routes back to Llanbrynmair: along the A-road (not appealing), over the hills to the south of Commins Coch (stabby, but familiar territory for at least some of us), or north via Glyndwr's Way (also stabby, with uncertain terrain). Somehow, we opted north. I think it was probably my fault. Some of it was stabby, rather more than preferable was a muddy push, there was a CrapWelshGate™ that fell over (we put it back on its hinges, but it still wouldn't shut properly), but there was also some rather good views, a nice sunken path, fringed by ancient trees, and some amusing bike limbo.

Over the ridge, and we finally ticked off the famous exists-on-the-map-but-not-on-the-ground Welsh bridleway, complete with a continuous fence right across the field edge where we should have been able to continue downhill. A gravel track was pressed into service as a substitute, which landed us in the yard of a slightly nonplussed farmer, who questioned what we were doing on his private road. We explained the case of the non-existent bridleway, offered apologies, and magnanimously said nowt about the fence that barred our way. From here, it was simply a case of once again cocking a snook at the nearby GR, rolling down the valley back to Llanbrynmair, and eating all the cake.

Thanks to Stu & Dee for organising, Reg Lu and Roo for the company and insights into aircraft maintenance and rice pudding, and to Trep for not forcing me on a death march through the tussocks of the lands south of the A489.
Roobell7

Post by Roobell7 »

Great write ups from my three amigos leaves me to add my pictures and excuses :grin:

Work/life left me with little to no time to plan for the weekend. I even considered baling for oh, 5 minutes :oops:

Reg came to the rescue with an offer to join his OAP LHC group. As I’ve just started my 6th decade, I felt qualified but added the warning that I’d be on a fat bike and singlespeed :wink:
Roobell7 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:23 pm
Roobell7 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:10 pm
RIP wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:00 pm Blimey Andy, now that's the way to travel :smile: .

Re route/buddies, if you're coming this evening there'll loads of lonely hearts in the Wynnstay Arms. Our little congregation for example will be going north - at OAP speed :-bd
Sounds a plan. I'll be fat bike single speed, so OAP pace obligatory :lol:
Save me a beer (or two) I'm on my way :-bd
Bike prep took place by torch light outside Friday evening. Except I sneaked the rear wheel into the kitchen to drop to a 21T rear cog and top up the sealant in both wheels. I pulled a Northamptonshire black thorn out of the front tyre and then broke off the tip to push back into the hole to seal it. It and the others all held for the weekend.

I threw all my kit into a bag and set-off on the 3 hour drive to Wales (having first called ahead to book a room with Pauline) and enjoy a few beers and dinner with Reg, Trep and Bearlegged. Relaxation commenced :-bd

Kit preparation and bike loading started between the excellent breakfast by Pauline. Loading in the rain wasn’t in the plan and I’m amazed that I left with all the necessities. Brief panic when I couldn’t find my car key (in my helmet) left me in a rush to join the others and check in with Dee & Stuart. I left my duffel bag by the door inside the hotel, where I found safe on my return. Pauline had kindly left the door unlocked.

I became concerned when it transpired that Bearlegged was going to drag down our group average age but then realised as we waited for him to make some last minute adjustments, that he qualified anyway :cool:

We set off into the rain on Reg’s mystery tour and my first concern about keep up with the pace on the flat disappeared. The first proper hill suggested that my gearing choice was spot on and that I ran the risk of being accused of sandbagging :grin:

The pace of the whole weekend was absolutely spot-on

ImageBBWE2022 by Andy Wright, on Flickr Weapon of choice for the weekend

ImageBBWE2022 by Andy Wright, on Flickr The three amigos

ImageBBW2022 by Andy Wright, on Flickr Frogatthefarriers nearing the top

ImageBBW2022 by Andy Wright, on Flickr Almost cleared this climb

ImageBBW2022 by Andy Wright, on Flickr Feeling the fat

ImageBBW2022 by Andy Wright, on Flickr Fat bikes go downhills pretty quick too

ImageBBW2022 by Andy Wright, on Flickr Ok, there are limits to what could be ridden :shock:

ImageBBW2022 by Andy Wright, on Flickr Bearlegged shows the way

ImageBBW2022 by Andy Wright, on Flickr Some of us camped out

ImageBBW2022 by Andy Wright, on Flickr Not so others :wink:

ImageBBWE 2022 by Andy Wright, on Flickr Spot the missing items :shock:

ImageBBW2022 by Andy Wright, on Flickr Just too greasy to get enough traction to ride

ImageBBW2022 by Andy Wright, on Flickr You can hear Reg grumbling about this final climb from here :grin:

ImageBBW2022 by Andy Wright, on Flickr Home safe

Thanks to Dee and Stuart for allowing us to ride their hills and pleasant valleys

Thanks to the three amigos for accepting I’d ride my speed on the hills :wink:

More pictures can be found here for those not already bored of them https://www.flickr.com/gp/150583371@N02/6759Q0

Andy / Pandy / Roo
RIP

Post by RIP »

:-bd

Boab

Post by Boab »

Roobell7 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:59 pm ImageBBW2022 by Andy Wright, on Flickr Frogatthefarriers nearing the top
Any chance of a grid ref for where this one taken...?
RIP

Post by RIP »

SH925091 looking SE would be about right I think? Quite a remote spot...

Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Just before Lu broke out the tooth-endangering flapjack?